On my ballot

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
This is on my ballot???

THIS?

Initiated Ordinance 300
Shall the voters for the City and County of Denver adopt an Initiated Ordinance to require the creation of an extraterrestrial affairs commission to help ensure the health, safety, and cultural awareness of Denver residents and visitors in relation to potential encounters or interactions with extraterrestrial intelligent beings or their vehicles, and fund such commissions from grants, gifts and donations?

:blink:

:hail::probe:

Tommy

Reaction score
Now that's just funny!

Somebody must have spent months gathering enough signatures on the petition to get that on the ballot. In a way, this shows one of the best features of "American" syle governments - citizens can force the government to put just about anything up for a public vote if they can get enough people to sign the petition. This is an essential liberty that helps prevent, or at least limit, the tyranny of the government over the people. It's a shame to see it used for something so nonsensical when there are so many more important issues, but it's nice to see that particular freedom is alive and kicking.

However, as seriously as I take civil liberties and freedoms, I still laughing my butt off over this one! It's almost as big a waste of time as all the local goverments who considered laws stating that "Pluto is too a planet!"

Shinrar

Reaction score
That's pretty great. In Florida, we have a state constitutional bit that gives rights to pregnant pigs.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
I like the, "or their vehicles" part.:)

I'd vote for it if I could chair the commission.:lol:

Well...probably not.

:hail::probe: