Problem ok..what am I doing wrong?

chevelle505

Reaction score
Trying to land shuttle fleet 4.8...orbiter 2010 using afcs...I align with the base sync and follow this tutorial to a T....https://mirror.orbiter-radio.co.uk/orbiter/ohm/TutorialOrbiterSpaceShuttle.pdf

I starts the de orbit burn then just says downrange err....I can NOT get this thing to reenter the shuttle to save my life..doesnt matter how close i align with base. is there an alternative to afcs...any other autopilot that will perform re entry?

chevelle505

Reaction score
Tried than now too...just does the burn then sometime before the burn is complete say downrange err and then coasting to EI and just flips round like its gone crazy...ughh..im at a loss.
Is there not a manual for autofcs? ive checked the doc folder ext and googled the last two days and cant find the first word on how to use this thing just to make sure im setting everything up right.

Last edited:

chevelle505

Reaction score
GOT IT WORKING!!! thanks guys..seriously appreciate the help.

now im trying to figure out another issue. (yes i have done a search but im still a little foggy on the editing). My overall goal is to learn scenario editing....im trying to figure out how to Get the LC39 pad from Thorton's ISS scenarios in ALL of shuttle fleet 4.8 scenarios. been trying to learn that and also how to just make the cargo bay of the Orbiter empty. ive searched around a bit but not having any luck. I read that changing the Sol is not the answer and that i need to get rid of the stock pad out of the canaveral cfg and add the "vessel" from the ISS Scenario. Tried that and had the shuttle sitting on no pad at all...can anyone dumb this down for me lol and tell me what exactly im supposed to change to get that pad (or a better one) into all the fleet scenarios? I messed around with scenario editor and that opened a whole other can of worms. I just want to edit with notepad as im used to that from Flight Sim X.

My other issue is, During an ISS Scenario on a launch...I seem to recall years ago whatever pad I was using at the time lol..there was a way to manually control the crew gantry ect on the pad and also close the (im sorry i cant remember what its called) part that encloses the shuttles payload bay. My question is...how can I stop the launch sequence from automatically retracting things and booting me off the pad automatically and let me just have manual control...or be able to change the amount of time on the countdown ( instead of T-9 minutes change it to start at 15 minutes ect)..id like to start the launch sequence at will as you can in the shuttle fleet and decide when to launch.

Last edited:

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I'm at a loss on how the crew access platform and RSS can be manually controlled. It may be buried in the Thorton's ISS thread.

How did you get the AFCS to work? What was the solution in particular that did it?

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So not sure what your scn looks like. but if you are using this:https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7036

Then here are the keys. I am trying to get the 2016 shuttles to use this also. Manual controls though

Ctrl L Lights
Crtl V gas Arm Vent
Ctrl S Rotate RSS complex
K crew access arm
G GOX arm
Intenal view C changes camera view