OFMM Development Signup

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just shooting in the dark here, but would it be that much of a bad idea to screw development and use more existing addons?

I don't really like the idea, but I'd rather not see the project die at this stage. :(

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Agreed, we are going nowhere fast at this point. We either need to develop more, or use existing add ons.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Dang! Alright people, meeting, call the meeting already!

My comment on that for now is that, IMHO we should stick with the program and try to find closer things, but stay as close as possible. A lot of these things are pretty close, as Bj said, some of the coding is like nothing.

For one, I have secured permission from Cigdriver to use any of his old meshes, and I've got my eye on his freighter as a base for the MTV. I think we need to be more active in getting people's attention. :sos:

For two(?), some things, like parts of the base, might be better off with already-made models+textures, since they are pretty much just meshes that sit there. I think the hangars from Overton, scaled down, might work for the SMEV's garage thing. Could we steal anything to use for something else? What about a GDI MK1 Miner that makes fuel for the ISRU, as has been discussed? Stuff like that. Think like a thief (like me ;)).

For three, WE MUST FINISH THE SKYCRANE! MAKE IT HAPPEN! :headbang:
She's like...like, I've SEEN HER in the womb, and I can tell she's going to be a child prodigy of a spacecraft!

Last edited:

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
if some one gave me a mesh and textures i could attempt to code a SIMPLE dll

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, good job River Crab! :cheers:

What about [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3692"]WIN's hangars[/ame]? They're up on Orbit Hangar.

Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I thought the Overton hangars were also on Orbithangar :huh:? I guess not. Good thinking there. :thumbup:
I thought of the AIA hangars but they seemed more like conventional structures, for building on Earth. I guess a retexture and scaling would make them suitable as well.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
what about the hanger on the prelude base
i could just take it off that

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i have my ways give me 10 minutes

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------
what do you want me to take out what do you want me to leave?

captureyk.jpg

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Just shooting in the dark here, but would it be that much of a bad idea to screw development and use more existing addons?

I don't really like the idea, but I'd rather not see the project die at this stage. :(

Well, I think it is really going be less people working, so it will take more time before actually starting.

As far as everyone's modeling goes, I hope everyone knows I really don't expect anything of high quality. It would make it look nice if it was, but its not like a requirement... otherwise you might to have to suffer looking at my models. ;)

Also there is no real deadlines for this just go at your own pace really. The only thing I am looking for is for people to say, "I am working on it" so people don't work on two different copies.

I would hope your having fun with this

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
From the OFMM Roster:
Food/Water Storage Area & Green house
-Custom
The green house should be small enough to fit inside the Skycrane. The Green house will output UCGO
food cargo boxes every so often for consumption from the OSHV.

Difficulty levels;
Model: Difficult
Texture: Moderate
Config/DLL writing: Moderate

Limitations:
Model: small enough fit in a SVTU.
Texture: The green house needs to have transparent ‘glass’ for a part of the roof

Will the greenhouse, shown in
vid, do the trick? I can pack it up as a UCGO cargo that fits in a box (1.3m) or, i can provide the mesh and you do what you want with it.
And a third option: As i have it right now, it's a spacecraft3 vessel (box included) that "opens" (the box) and inflates (the greenhouse).

And now a question. I' ve searched the forum, (probably not thoroughly enough) but i haven't found what is the maximum size for a skycrane cargo.
Any tips?

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
From the OFMM Roster:

Will the greenhouse, shown in this vid, do the trick? I can pack it up as a UCGO cargo that fits in a box (1.3m) or, i can provide the mesh and you do what you want with it.
And a third option: As i have it right now, it's a spacecraft3 vessel (box included) that "opens" (the box) and inflates (the greenhouse).

And now a question. I' ve searched the forum, (probably not thoroughly enough) but i haven't found what is the maximum size for a skycrane cargo.
Any tips?

Wow that's cool :thumbup:

I think given that it is an 'inflatable' greenhouse, that way you have have it is just fine.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Quick preview of the Power generation guys:

1.JPG

2.JPG

I am going to add textures and an animation where the top splits somewhere around midsection so that it is more compact.. on the to-do list.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is the hanger

ps textures are very poor as i took 10 minutes to make them feel free to change them for the people writing the dll the groups for the doors are 1,2

Attachments

• Hanger.zip
    269 KB · Views: 9

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Here is the hanger

ps textures are very poor as i took 10 minutes to make them feel free to change them for the people writing the dll the groups for the doors are 1,2

looks great

Should be an easy animation for the dll writer, I think

Anyway, thanks :cheers:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Got it working (well, floating in space). Perfect. :thumbup:
I'll do the textures for it.
Can you attach the texture maps with polylines, so I can tell what I'm drawing on? No textures, just lines. I'll take it from there.

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
Got it working (well, floating in space). Perfect. :thumbup:
I'll do the textures for it.
Can you attach the texture maps with polylines, so I can tell what I'm drawing on? No textures, just lines. I'll take it from there.

Oh you mean to make maps of the texture. Well, I booted in the wrong OS right now, otherwise I would do it for you, but here's how (for those that don't know)

Things you will need:
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2740"]Mesh Wizard[/ame]

DDS Converter 2.1

UV Mapper

MSPaint (or some picture editor)

1. Use mesh wizard to import the mesh. After you import it, export into a OBJ file.
  2. Open the exported use UV Mapper to open the OBJ file, and (assuming you don't want to change the current layout) go to save texture map. Make sure you have the dimensions either 256, 512, or 1024.
  3. Open the exported picture with image editor, *this is important* re-save the picture as a 24 bitmap, UV mapper creates a map on the wrong file setting for DDS converter.
  4. Make the texture
  5. Open DDS Converter, and convert your bmp to DDS
  6. Import and preview in Orbiter and enjoy :lol:

But if you map looks so bad that you cannot make a nice texture for it, you will have to alter the object (the mesh) so you can have a better map.

So starting at step 2,

1. Open the exported use UV Mapper to open the OBJ file
  2. Make a new texture map, play with whichever looks easiest to use.
  3. When you find one, save the OBJ and the map.
  4. ( I think Mesh wizard opens OBJ and you can save it as a MSH there) -TAMO :)
  5. Back in UV mapper, go to save texture map. Make sure you have the dimensions either 256, 512, or 1024.
  6. keep going with 3 above.

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i had the texture maps but i deleted them so stand by on those il make them again

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
OK here it is with the texture maps (un edited) all you have to do is paint them and save them as a .dds Dont rename or it will not work

enjoy (ps leave your name if you contributed to my mesh eg if you did textures or the dll so i can give you credit if i upload to orbit hanger)

Attachments

• Hanger.zip
    130.9 KB · Views: 4