Off topic stuff

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
woo482 I was thinking to make somehing similar but don't know to code...maybe someone of orbiter expert could make a genera dll for ground vehicle...you know,for whell rotate back,forward,turn left right and co.
Here's one concept of mars rover...it's not my model...but with poper module maybe I could make something.

Last edited:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
i dont think any one will make a dll that you can just change the mesh and your done but the source code of my rover is in the zip file on orbit hangar

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
Yeah,don't want to use other module,I was thinking something like Vinka spacecraft but just for vehicle.
Ground_vehicle.dll....but maybe one day.

liber

Reaction score
Website
www.bw.org
That's look cool...but whe moved from topic,someone use transporter form star trek...:huh:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I moved the topic I just want my mars rover thread to be clear but you can talk all you want here

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I know :) dont mess around or I will merge you or copy you (I love being able to moderate this sub forum:))

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
Woo482:

I've had an idea:

How about, instead of making a rover & modules, how about making the modules AS the actual rover?

Picture this:

Cylindrical modules, simply launch atop a rocket as usual, and head for Mars or Moon. They have heat protection, so they can enter atmosphere & then parachute down. Then, once on surface, covers are jettisoned to reveal windows, wheels etc. Then you can attach lots of these together to make a base - maybe include doors you can open, to move around inside interior etc? When its time to move base, simply un-dock & move! Can be reached by a simple Mars lander, like the one already on OH???

Maybe lost of different modules - life support, crew quarters, storage, control etc???

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I dont know about the modules being rovers but there will be modules I have already started work on the Mars Crew Habitat Module (MCHM) but you all have to remember my meshes are very crap at the moment but they do what they are made for

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
AAH - wait, I see my idea has actually already been done in orbiter:
58234017_9f3ffa4d7b_b.jpg

I never knew of this addon!!!

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
if you want you can make request for models for me to build but remember I am not the best person in the world for making meshes and you might see a one man plane that goes on the back of the rover

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
You mean like the ShuttlePB on the back of the rover?

Cool!

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
not exactly like the shuttle pb but you can attach any thing that fits I am talking about some kind of small plane with 1 or 2 seats for ummu but i can only make what gattis pilot can code