Hardware Numpad on laptop not responding

TomTex

Reaction score
This is with NASSP 8. i'vs tried numlock, ctrl /, no response. Can somebody please help me figure this out. Also, I have tried the top keyboard numbers, no responses.

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Accidentally hit the [Num] Key?

TomTex

Reaction score
Don't have that key. I can fly the Delta Glider with keypad, so....I'm using a gaming Dell Inspiron laptop

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Ahhh now I saw you've mentioned NASSP! That changes things. As NASSP emulates the CSM/LM very accurately, there is no such thing as "easy fly mode".
You have to have made sure that all the switches are setup correctly to activate the RCS thruster and have them configured to give you rotation/translation etc.
That's something you have to read from the (original) NASA documentations / checklists.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

Usually we fly the CSM with two joysticks for translational and rotational control.

If you follow the checklist for "Transposition and Docking", the CSM should be pretty much setup to be "controllable". So I would try that first.

TomTex

Reaction score
I was trting a P52 alighn

--alignment and needed to stop rotation of PTC, and can't figure out how to kill rotation. No Flash key as a hint-- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

[/COLOR]Usually we fly the CSM with two joysticks for translational and rotational control.

If you follow the checklist for "Transposition and Docking", the CSM should be pretty much setup to be "controllable". So I would try that first.[/QUOTE]

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Usually the RCS is disabled during a PTC so that no accidental thruster firings are throwing the PTC off. So make sure the Auto RCS Select switches on panel 8 are set to something and on panel 1 the two ROT CONT PWR - NORMAL switches are up. These last two switches are not always switched off, so the "Terminate PTC" checklist in the Checklist MFD doesn't seem to do a check on them, so maybe they are the issue.

TomTex

Reaction score
SOLVED: Numpad not working

I am using a laptop with Windows 10 which has Cortana. Cortana hijacks keys for shortcuts So I had to press Fn and Numlock at the same time to keep Numpad working in NASSP 8 Alpha. Had to do the same for the function keys, F1, F2 etc, Press Fn and Esc key at same time. So there you go.

TomTex

Reaction score
Yes. Solved using Fn key solution mentioned above.