Normal RHC power not working - where am I going wrong?

Adam106

Reaction score
This may be a silly question, but I can't seem to get any RHC commands working with the Normal AC/DC power switches. Using the direct power switches works fine with both keyboard and joystick (at the breakout position), but in the same config as direct power (but with direct off)I can't get the Normal Power to work? Is there something obvious I'm missing.

Initially I thought it was because I was using keyboard only, but switching to joystick doesn't work either. The joystick does work, because the using direct power procduces the correct response at the breakout, is it 11 degrees? Anyway direct power works. Is there any special condition for the normal RHC power to work? Should it work in SCS only? It doesn't work in either CMC or SCS for me.

Thanks...

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Instead of me asking a bunch of configuration questions, do you have scenario file where the problem occurs I can take a look at? I want to see if first I can replicate it and then see what's wrong.

Adam106

Reaction score
I've attached a scen. I've been using some of the Mission Scenarios.

In the exact panel config attached I can use Direct but not Normal RHC commands. Keyboard control.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Apollo 8 RHC Power.txt
    149.9 KB · Views: 106

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've attached a scen. I've been using some of the Mission Scenarios.

In the exact panel config attached I can use Direct but not Normal RHC commands. Keyboard control.

Thanks.
I have the same behavior, investigating now.

EDIT: Looks like your latching relays for SMRCS got switched, try this on Panel 8:
cb SECS ARM (2) - close

Next to the DSKY on MDC 2:
RCS CMD ON - up (hold for a few seconds)

That should reenable your SM RCS. You can pull your SECS ARM cbs open after confirming the RCS fires.

Also, just an observation, you do have both of your UPLINK switches in ACCEPT :p

Last edited:

Adam106

Reaction score
OK, yeah that fixes it. Many thanks.

I've had that problem before, now I know how to fix. What's the purpose of the RCS CMD ON switch?, for some reason I thought it only dealt with the CM RCS.

My UPLINK switches were ACCEPT as I was trying to get a P27 uplink as per the flightplan (first one after TEI), but MCC menu had no option for 'ready to uplink'. I'm not too worried as I was just using that scen as a test, and got out of sync, but still curious.

Cheers.

rcflyinghokie

LM Junky
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So in those scenario files the latches weren't enabled, which was a mistake that has been fixed now. The purpose of the CMD switch is to allow the AUTO RCS switches to command the jets. I have attached screenshots of the switch description for that switch and the RCS CM/SM switch as well hopefully it clarifies things.

As far as the uplink, you only would need the CMC switch as the IU is for the instrument unit on the Saturn. Looks like the last uplink was well over an hour ago in your scn, so it does look like you got out of sync a bit.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-14 095153.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-14 095153.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot 2022-01-14 095210.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-01-14 095210.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 103