Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Hi All,

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I have encountered an issue in Orbiter 2016.

When I set my surface position to a small body (say Enceladus for example), after this, intermittently my vessel acts as if it is in zero gravity. Even when i then set the surface location to say Olympus on Mars or Cape Canaveral, I can simply apply a little thrust upward and I will go floating off into space. Sometimes I will fall back down after a while, sometimes not.

I tried installing a fresh copy of Orbiter 2016, no mods at all, but the issue persists (and I am using just stock vessles such as ShuttlePB).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You go floating into space from Cape Canaveral ??

Mr Martian

Orbinaut/Addon dev/Donator
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
You go floating into space from Cape Canaveral ??
Yes that’s right. I’ll have a shuttlePB on the ground, put the hover engines on for just a second, and I just lift up, I’ll continue to just drift upwards as if the earth weren’t even there. This seems to only happen when I have previously used the scenario editor to place a vessel on a small body (like Mimas or Enceladus). Once I close orbiter and launch again the vessel behaves normally. It’s as if Orbiter just applies the “reference body” for that instance to all vessels in the simulation from that point on.

I thought I may have corrupted my copy of orbiter at some point, so tried with a fresh install but the problem persists.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Has anyone else been able to replicate this? I haven't personally tried it yet.