AMSO Night Launch lights

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi there, I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me where I am going wrong.....I want to do the Apollo 17 night launch in AMSO, and I found an add-on which gives you night lights (think it was Kev Shanow's add-on)...anyway, it says once downloaded and copied to Orbiter, just go to F4, choose the "lights" under ship, and turn on the main engine/hover engine to activate....well, I've gone to F4, found the "lights" under select ship, went to F8 but I don't know how to turn on main engines/hover engines....and obviously, there is no fuel shown either....maybe I'm missing something...any help would be appreciated...thanks

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
Hi there, I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me where I am going wrong.....I want to do the Apollo 17 night launch in AMSO, and I found an add-on which gives you night lights (think it was Kev Shanow's add-on)...anyway, it says once downloaded and copied to Orbiter, just go to F4, choose the "lights" under ship, and turn on the main engine/hover engine to activate....well, I've gone to F4, found the "lights" under select ship, went to F8 but I don't know how to turn on main engines/hover engines....and obviously, there is no fuel shown either....maybe I'm missing something...any help would be appreciated...thanks

You can apply main thrust with the + key. You can incrementally increase thrust by pressing "Ctrl" + "+".
You can do the same to decrease thrust or to use retro thrust by pressing -.

Hover thrust can be applied by pressing "0" (increasing) and "." (decreasing).

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi there, thank you for your reply......I have tried pressing + key, but nothing happens, as it is not really a "ship"....and there is no fuel...it tells me to switch "on" the main engines, not apply thrust....and because there is no fuel, nothing happens when I press the + key...

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi Gattispilot,
Thank you for your reply...I appreciate it....
No, it doesn't give you the option to add fuel in Scenario Editor....I tried that....I'm at a loss, because this is what is says in the add-on doc:

"WHAT'S IN THIS ADD-ON?
Invisible spacecraft that use a custom exhaust texture that resembles a beam of light - giving the "illusion" of illumination for night launches. Scenarios is included so you can see what it looks like(!) and also for reference when using the "light" vessel in your own scenario.
To use the spacecraft in your own scenario, simply cut-and-paste the "light" vessel entry from the given scenario into your new launch scenario.

The Launch Pads covered are:
Cape Canaveral Pad 39 B

The lights can be turned on/off using the "light" vessel's Main / Hover engines."

It's the switching on and off that I can't seem to figure out....

IronRain

The One and Only (AFAIK)
Administrator
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.spaceflightnewsapi.net
I'm not sure what add-on you are using, but there is a change it isn't compatible with Orbiter 2010. You can also try the excellent [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5123"]Spotlight Vessel[/ame]

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
For my SLS pad I use spotlight vessels. Are you using it in Orbiter2010?

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi...yes, I am using Orbiter 2010 P1....you could be right, maybe it is not compatible with 2010 version...
Does spotlight vessels give the same effect?....and is it easy to install?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
You dont need that exhaust texture thing anymore, Orbiter 2010p1 supports local light sources so drop in spotlight, which is quite easy to use, and you will have a nicely illuminated pad.

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi and thanks....I shall download spotlight vessel and use that instead...looks really good....

Gattispilot....could you let me have the parameters I need to set up the spotlights on the launch pad for SMS?....and I reckon I could use the same set up also for AMSO....that would be great...

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sent a pm with my email. But basically on the SLS i have attachment and attach the spotlight. So you could do that in the cfg. Or just add the vessel where you want it and aim away