New simpit builder

GodAtum

Reaction score
Website
godatum.blogspot.com
Hello all,

I am new to Orbiter 2010 and have been watching David Courtney's excellent beginner's guide on Youtube. I probably have lots of things to learn about space flight mechanics before I even load the simulator.

My background is in flight simulation (I have been flying PMDG aircraft in FSX for as long I can remember). I was planning to build an A320 cockpit in my garage but I though maybe a Orbiter simpit might be cheaper and easier to build?

I would use Sim Samurai's Stallion as the cockpit and a Cobra screen for visuals.

For the controls I could use a Saitek x55 or Thrustmaster Warthog and Saitek rubber pedals. Also a Logitech G13 keypad.

For the MFD 2 24" touchscreen PCs.

Any comments are welcome :)

Last edited:

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Welcome :)

Start with this thread. If you have questions, ask away.

GodAtum

Reaction score
Website
godatum.blogspot.com
I wonder if two Dell P2314Ts would fit four external MFDs using VNCMFD?

For the visuals the master/slave render looks excellent.

I am struggling to think where the HUD would render? The outside view should be just the scenery with nothing else.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I wonder if two Dell P2314Ts would fit four external MFDs using VNCMFD?

Yes.

If the displays are hooked to the master computer however, [ame="http://orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=6453"]Permanent ExtMFD[/ame] may be a simpler solution.

For the visuals the master/slave render looks excellent.

I am struggling to think where the HUD would render? The outside view should be just the scenery with nothing else.

It will render anywhere, but it makes sense only on the central display.

You can run both master and slave on the same computer (with AllowMultipleInstances), so give it a try to understand how it works.

Last edited: