New Saitek Cessna Yoke/Trim/Rudder pedals

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
Via Engadget:

But for virtual pilots less interested in white-knuckle air warfare, Mad Catz has unveiled a product line based on that ubiquitous trainer, the Cessna 172 Skyhawk. The company's Saitek brand now offers a Yoke ($200), Trim Wheel ($50), and Rudder Pedals ($210), all officially licensed from the airplane manufacturer. Buy them all together and you'll receive a free Flight Switch Panel, thereby completing your cockpit ensemble.

The Yoke:

cessnayoke_product.png

The Trim Wheel:

cessnatrim_product.png

The Pedals:

cessnapedals_product.png

Also, not new, but comes with the set if you buy them, The Switch Panel:

switchpan_product.png

It's pretty expensive for everything, but it sure looks nice!

Ark

Reaction score
That's pretty cool, but it is an outlandish amount of money for a single-use peripheral.

As far as single-use controllers go, it's almost as cool as Steel Battalion.

sb.jpg

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
this is the kinda thing that makes sense if you're a student pilot trying to save off a couple of flight-hours... it seems, some flight schools will allow the replacement of up to a maximum of (?) hours in a real plane with simulator time - provided the hardware being used is complete enough for a realistic control interface (using a cheap stick is not gonna fly)

so although mighty expensive, this type of setup can really save a buck for aspiring pilots, as flight hours in real planes can get pretty salty :rolleyes:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
this is the kinda thing that makes sense if you're a student pilot trying to save off a couple of flight-hours... it seems, some flight schools will allow the replacement of up to a maximum of (?) hours in a real plane with simulator time - provided the hardware being used is complete enough for a realistic control interface (using a cheap stick is not gonna fly)

so although mighty expensive, this type of setup can really save a buck for aspiring pilots, as flight hours in real planes can get pretty salty :rolleyes:

A friend of mine uses FSX for training procedures. He doesn't work as a pilot, and has to renew the instrument rating every year. He borrowed my setup once and passed the checkride with flying colours.
Although you can't get the sim time on your logbook, it's very good for procedural training.

PS I have the old Saitek without the Cessna yoke, regular pedals and 2 x 3-lever quadrants.

Turbinator

Reaction score
That's pretty cool, but it is an outlandish amount of money for a single-use peripheral.

As far as single-use controllers go, it's almost as cool as Steel Battalion.

sb.jpg

Here is a working pic:

imgSteel%20Battalion6.jpg

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This might could get moved to the simpit forum, since it's kind of relevant there.

My thoughts:
Yoke: This is the existing pro flight yoke with a Cessna logo on the front instead of a timer.

Throttle quadrant: This is their existing pro flight throttle quadrant. They didn't even bother to put a Cessna logo on it. Seriously, if they were going for a Cessna-specific setup, they should have at least gotten the engine controls right--they already make the product:
tpm1.jpg

Trim wheel: A mountable single-axis game controller for $50. I don't really have to say any more, but I will anyway. A trim controller like this is almost worthless in a flight sim without a force feedback stick or yoke, because the trim experience is so unrealistic.

Rudder pedals: Just their existing rudder pedal base with different pedals attached.

Basically, they just rebranded all the same stuff they're already selling, and are charging a premium for the Cessna brand. Waste of money, IMO.

FADEC

Reaction score
This is the existing pro flight yoke with a Cessna logo on the front instead of a timer.

Nope. It is indeed a Cessna-like yoke.

Pro Flight yoke:

l_01253970.jpg

Original Cessna yoke:

1223_4c-1024x739.jpg

Pro Flight Cessna yoke:

cessnayoke_product.png

Rudder pedals: Just their existing rudder pedal base with different pedals attached.

Not quite. The Cessna rudder pedal base has a different design on the front:

Standard:

pro_flight_rudder_pedals.jpg

Cessna:

cessnapedals_product.png

Basically, they just rebranded all the same stuff they're already selling, and are charging a premium for the Cessna brand.

Does only apply for the throttle quadrant. And that's why there is no Cessna logo on it, because it's the old non-Cessna one ;)

But such hardware does not impress me anyway. This is what makes me go "wow":

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If they would sell the Space Shuttle control set for Orbiter users, I would be impressed.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Does only apply for the throttle quadrant. And that's why there is no Cessna logo on it, because it's the old non-Cessna one ;)

The throttle quadrant is an integrated part of the yoke. It is connected to the yoke with a round connector similar to the X52 stick. There is a stand-alone quadrant that connects like any USB stick.

I find it strange that they didn't use the Cessna type engine controls. They already have the parts.