AMSO New Apollo 10 Sound pack and Scenarios

CGrimes

Reaction score
Uploaded at Orbit Hanger Mods:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3795"]Apollo 10 AMSO Sound Scenario Pack[/ame]

Apollo 10 Sound pack and Scenarios were developed using AMSO ver 1.18 and IMFD ver 5.1m. Most of the sound files were captured from “Apollo 10: The Dress Rehearsal” DVD set and the NASA website. I am not proficient enough with IMFD to try to do in-depth step-by-step procedures for the scenarios but have managed to get the flight to coincide fairly well with the historical mission time line. Each scenario is easy to use, mostly by just pressing the
IMFD (AB) function.

The Launch and TLI sound sequence are quite extensive and one should stay in real time or you'll miss them. I set the sound quality to a low 8 mhz, mono to save space and emulated the radio quality of the time.

Also added help CHM file to scenarios so you can press Alt-F1 anytime during missions for info and time line.

This has been quite a learning experience for me and makes one appreciate what a real adventure the crews of the space program went through. I am sure you IMFD wizards out there may find better ways of setting up the scenarios and I would appreciate you input.

Credits:
Martin Schweiger: for Orbiter Space Flight Simulator
DanSteph: for Orbiter Sound
AC Soft: for AMSO
Jarmonik: for Interplanetary MFD
Topper0710: for BurnTimeCalc MFD ver.1.5

If I have overlooked anyone for proper credit, please let me know and I add them – and apologize for the oversight.

Contact me at:
Orbiter Forum: CGrimes
or
[email protected]

;)

tgep

Tutorial Publisher
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
OUTSTANDING !
I love these soundpacks because they really add to the overall realism of historic NASA missions. They are soooooo much better than running a radio freq in the background.

Once you finish with the Apollo Lunar missions, will you be doing anything for the Apollo Aplications Program ? ( Skylab and Apollo Soyuz )

:cheers:

ACSoft

AMSO Founder
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yes, you are right tgep,

I am downloading now the package to see what CGrimes has done !!! I am very curious and hopeful that the DVD he used, let him doing a nice and complete package.

Personnaly, apart my Apollo 11 package, I started to work on other missions, with the hope to be able to produce other packages with the same quality level. But, until now, I failed to do so. This is because I was only able to found on the Internet, a rich collection of Apollo 11 ATC sounds. For any other missions, sounds available (mostly at the NASA) are very partial. For example, speaking of Apollo 10, I didn't founded all the required ATC to cover the whole launch, until the Earth orbit insertion, like it is done for Apollo 11 package.

I even wrote to NASA asking for help, but unfortunately the answer I received, which directed me to other possible sources, like the American National Archives, didn't succeeded.

If somebody who has relationship with peoples of the NASA administration read this message, it would be great if he can contact them. I mean, I am sure those ATC sound ARE somewhere and it would be great if they can be made available to us. AMSO and NASPP are great tributes to the History of American Space Adventure and personnaly, I think we deserve to receive help from the NASA.

Sometimes, it is just the question to knock at the right door !!!

ACS

CGrimes

Reaction score
I am working on Apollo 8 now to work with nukeet's great scenario pack. Hope to have it done soon. Obtained the sounds from Honeysuckle Creek website and the DVD set "Apollo 8: Leaving the Cradle".

Really enjoy working with your wonderful addon ACSoft!

;) CG

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I am working on Apollo 8 now to work with nukeet's great scenario pack. Hope to have it done soon. Obtained the sounds from Honeysuckle Creek website and the DVD set "Apollo 8: Leaving the Cradle".

Really enjoy working with your wonderful addon ACSoft!

;) CG

Please don't step over the audio I already released with that scenario pack.

:blink: