Question Netbooks

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I have had a Asus EEE 1000H for 3 years now. It does what it has to do which is give access to the net and allow basic PC functions.

You might be able to run Orbiter on the higher end ones, but don't expect anything special.

I was looking at MSI as a possible replacement for mine. They have a lot of features but lack a little in battery life.

Honestly, it depends what you want to do with it. Anything other than basic computing is probably better served by a bigger machine.

kevin580

Reaction score
Website
www.ascensionspaceagency.jimdo.com
:hesaid:

I have an Acer Aspire One netbook, it does everything good. For Orbiter, it is nice, too with good quality everytime. But I like the MSI netbooks, too. They are the best ones I know, my friend has an MSI netbook, he likes it. But HP netbooks are nice, too, the only good thing that HP can do :lol:

orbekler

Reaction score
Friends of mine have Acer, HP, Toshiba, for sure all they are valuable.

But for myself I use just VAIO laptop.

I got one in 2006, and with a average use of 6-8 hs per day, it seems time didn't flow. Screen quality is one of the best I've ever seen, and graphical card is still good to run Orbiter 2010 without problems.

Now I bought a new VAIO E-series, but here the problem is called Win7, I know I'm going to have severe nuisances.

Semi-Off-topic: I already tried to run Orbiter (+D3D client + DX runtime june 2010) with no avail, but I'll report to the proper thread.

Unfortunately there is no turning back (to XP - no drivers). :WTF:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Sony Vaio VGN UX380N.

Nice little thingie, Windows XP capable, WiFi/BT/EDGE/GSM, touchscreen, Orbiter-capable GPU, fits into a pocket.
Also works nicely as a netbook, video player, notebook, etc.

Disadvantages: No longer produced, like Nokia E90, Sharp Zaurus and other products of the cool class.

img_3109_sml.jpg

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input folks, the Orbiter development will be Script and SC3 type stuff at the moment, not execution. Though I'd like to see if C++ would work?

N./

Wishbone

Clueless developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
C++ works on everything... :p :tiphat:

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Usual thing folks, had a look at the little tinkers, they look nice and cute, but are they useful? As I say above, I would like to use one as a development machine. especially C++

I.e has any one used it as such?

N.

orb

O-F Administrator,
News Reporter
Reaction score
I would like to use one as a development machine. especially C++

I.e has any one used it as such?
I have no problems with running (and compiling with) Visual C++ and Visual C# 2010 Express on a Toshiba netbook.

Netbooks aren't bad for writing programs, but they are rather bad for editing graphics (due to small screen size / display resolution).

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks orb, what machine are you using?

N.