Nearing my foot surgery...

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
...I just wanted to inform everyone that my foot surgery coming up tomorrow may affect my time on the forum. I might not be active onm the forum for a few weeks. It depends on how I'm doing after my surgery.

I go under the knife around 11:30AM EST.

Wish the doctors luck, and pray that this does'nt hurt as bad as I think it will.

:tiphat:,

Samuel Edwards

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Wish you a quick and painless recovery.
All the best
:cheers:

Last edited:

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
When I was a kid, I jumped off a set of monkey bars on a dare. As a result I broke my foot in three places and had to have a cast and crutches for about six weeks:(

Good luck with your surgery;)

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What kind of surgery? What happened?

If it's a minor surgery, they won't even put you out. You'll just get an injection against pain.

I had an ingrown toe nail a few years ago and had two surgeries for that. I got an injection for the pain. It only prevented pain. I could still feel the touch, the cold, wet,...

They wouldn't let me watch, but I did catch a sneak peek. I remember seeing as the doctor pushed an instrument under my nail. I thought it'll hurt like hell and I remember my "OH SH!!!" thoughts when I realized what he was about to do... but I didn't feel anything.

Later on I remember him pulling large chunks of nail from under my skin... was quite fascinating to watch.

I could walk for about a week, just kept my foot elevated and played the computer. It shouldn't affect your forum time...

An annoying thing right after the surgery was that I couldn't put socks on because of the bandages, so my foot was always cold. I wrapped it in some towels to help a bit...

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What kind of surgery? What happened?

If it's a minor surgery, they won't even put you out. You'll just get an injection against pain.

I had an ingrown toe nail a few years ago and had two surgeries for that. I got an injection for the pain. It only prevented pain. I could still feel the touch, the cold, wet,...

They wouldn't let me watch, but I did catch a sneak peek. I remember seeing as the doctor pushed an instrument under my nail. I thought it'll hurt like hell and I remember my "OH SH!!!" thoughts when I realized what he was about to do... but I didn't feel anything.

Later on I remember him pulling large chunks of nail from under my skin... was quite fascinating to watch.

I could walk for about a week, just kept my foot elevated and played the computer. It shouldn't affect your forum time...

An annoying thing right after the surgery was that I couldn't put socks on because of the bandages, so my foot was always cold. I wrapped it in some towels to help a bit...

I was born with deformed feet. The surgery he is performing is more on the lines of a major one. I will be put out, and the surgery will take 2-3 hours. The procedure is called an "[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteotomy"]Osteotomy[/ame]" I'll be off my foot for 6 - 8 weeks

Concerning my forum time, I will probably be in too much pain to even sleep; let alone type on the computer. However, I hope to start working on my VSA this summer.

Last edited:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Repairing a deformity might be a painfull operation, but the end result usually outweighs the pain.

(Devil's advocate)
Osteotomy literally means "cut the bone".
The most hazardous part of the procedure is total anesthesia (and comming back from it). The rest is run of the mill grinding of the bone that's deformed - with a power-tool.

Not gonna lie to you. It will probably hurt for a while. But a year after that, you'll look at your foot and think: "why the H..L didn't I do this earlier!?"

Again, I wish you a quick and painless recovery,
All the best
Dimitris

ky

Director of Manned Spaceflight
Reaction score
Good luck, I'll feel your pain in a few weeks when I get my teeth pulled out :p

RisingFury

OBSP developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I was born with deformed feet. The surgery he is performing is more on the lines of a major one. I will be put out, and the surgery will take 2-3 hours. The procedure is called an "Osteotomy" I'll be off my foot for 6 - 8 weeks

Concerning my forum time, I will probably be in too much pain to even sleep; let alone type on the computer. However, I hope to start working on my VSA this summer.

Ouch! Good luck for your surgery and I wish you a quick recovery.

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score

With major surgery comes major pain killers. Just learn from my mistakes and don't orbit while high on meds. Reentry won't go well.....

Good luck!

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Sorry, I was a bit too late to say good luck with the surgery but I wish you the best of luck with your recovery!

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, I was a bit too late to say good luck with the surgery but I wish you the best of luck with your recovery!

Well, not too late, I haven't gone in yet. I go in at 9:30AM and the procedure starts at 11:30AM

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Just remember, if the surgeon says 'Oops', dont worry, he probably left the lights on in his car...:uhh:

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Departure time changed to 8:00AM I gotta go sooner. :(

Cya'll on the flip side. (Of the day, I mean)

:cheers:

SE

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The operation itself should not be that bad, however, as you pointed it, the following weeks will probably be difficult.

Good luck and take heart ! A properly fixed landing gear is essential :cheers:

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns