Problem Nav2 failing at ISS...

foundpra

Reaction score
Hi,

After many tries, I finally got the Space Shuttle to the ISS with
fuel to spare!

Nav1 worked fine.

When I tune to Nav2 (137.40) I get "no signal."

Ditto for the other channels (*.30, *.20, *.10)

Any thoughts?

I'm using v. 100830 and the Atlantis "Launch into Sunrise" scenario.

Thanks!

--Prahas

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

FYI -- if you open the "Atlantis ISS Resupply" mission, the Docking MFD has another button: DCK.

And -- in this mission, if you undock from the ISS, and click VIS, you get data -- thru the
cameras the manual says.

But even here, still "no signal" when using the Navs.

Baffled...

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
ISS's frequencies for docking are all around 108.XX, if you use 137.XX it should not work.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
How much Orbiter experience do you have? I'm not sure where to start.

Bring up the menu with F4 then choose "object info." Select vessels, then select the ISS using the menu at the top. In the information, you can see the frequencies of the transponder and each of the docking ports.

Use the COM/NAV MFD to assign a frequency to each channel.

Assign NAV2 to the frequency of the docking port you want to dock to. I recommend docking port 1 for the shuttle.

Keep in mind that the docking port frequencies are directional and short range. It is expected that you will pick up the transponder signal at much further range than the docking port signals.

You may also need to be in a cone of space directly in front of the docking port to pick up the signal, but I don't remember for sure.

foundpra

Reaction score
Hi Guys -- Yes...

Nav2 problem solved. Watched tutorial (Atlantis to ISS). They tuned radio to 108.05, .10, .15, .20, and .25 for the docks. This is NOT what it says in the documentation!! But it works!!!!

When using DG to ISS mission, the freq is 137.40.

Anyway, solved! Thanks everyone!