Support NASSP Fails at my end

Arthurnus

Reaction score
Helly everybody,

Graphic problem

I have installed NASSP on orbiter 2010P1.
And i have several problems regarding it. First off, the textures are weird, completely buggy. Heres a screenshot

I have no clue what causes it. Im new to orbiter, and exspecially to nassp. So im probably doing something wrong.

Failing autopilot

I have read the manual for NASSP, which simply states that takeoff and orbital insertion is automatically done by autopilot. Which is true, i have to wait until the countdown and simply ingnite the engines, and the rocket takes off automatically. i cant even handle it. Then after the roll the rocket pitches down and then the rocket shocks and tips 10degrees to the horizon, then it keeps slowly heading downrange up to about 45degrees at which it loses angular velocity and steadily burns itself towards ocean lvl. Theres no way i can steer the rocket so what am i doing wrong.

Miracously the first time i used nassp i did got to orbit. Nothing went wrong. So i succeeded it once. But i retried it for over 10 times and it always fails the same way. Also the main nassp setup only has 2 stages. Are there addons to add the LEM and the eagle aswell and the seperation of the second stage?

It isnt included in the main setup. I dont know which addons i need for it. So please tell me.

But maybe im just badly failing myself, but i really wouldnt know either.

EDIT:Im running on windows 7 btw, in case it might make a difference, just stating.

Thanks in advance:cheers:

Last edited:

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
I don't know if NASSP has ever been updated for Orbiter 2010 P1. If you want to fly an Apollo mission, try AMSO instead. It's a complete addon (not just a beta), it's much easier to fly - especially for a novice and it's visually stunning.

http://www.acsoft.ch/AMSO/amso.html

NASSP has most definitely been updated to 2010P1.

Which version of NASSP are you using?

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
is their a nassp for orbiter 2010P1? if so can somebody give me the link

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
is their a nassp for orbiter 2010P1? if so can somebody give me the link

Stop. Engage brain.

Read the post above yours.

Navigate to search engine of choice and utilise it to search for NASSP.

Revel in your newfound internet prowess.

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
That's quite the constructive attitude you have there.

Seriously, though, why rely on others to do everything for you? Google's only a click away, and it's got all the information you need. Try a little independence and / or initiative.

kerlix

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know what the deal with KSC looking like big gray, blank squares. I had that happen to me once. I eventually just started with a fresh Orbiter installation and it went away.

As far as the guidance problem, check to make sure you have limited fuel enabled. If you're trying to fly with unlimited fuel, you're never going to be light enough to achieve orbit. The first stage will continue burning forever, unable to achieve the correct altitude or velocity, leading to a nasty encounter with the Atlantic.

NASSP is currently only modeling the flight of Apollo 7, which is why there is no Saturn V, and only 2 stages. Once all of the systems, guidance computers, and models/meshes of a full Saturn V stack are ready to be released, the project (I assume) will move to providing an ultra-realistic simulation of the rest of the Apollo flights. NASSP has a steep learning curve, so it is quite difficult to "get it right" at first, but once you catch on, it's incredibly rewarding.

If you have any questions or need more clarification, I highly suggest going to the NASSP forums. Those guys are the experts, not just at the add-on itself, but also with the setup and functionality of the Apollo systems themselves.

http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php?board=66.0

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's quite the constructive attitude you have there.

Seriously, though, why rely on others to do everything for you? Google's only a click away, and it's got all the information you need. Try a little independence and / or initiative.

sorry Xyon it's just that project Apollo has a weird website and i can never find the download link :(

Xyon

Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
When you were extracting the files did it ever ask to overwrite some surface tiles or textures?

Tschachim

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
nassp.sf.net
I have installed NASSP on orbiter 2010P1.
And i have several problems regarding it. First off, the textures are weird, completely buggy. Heres a screenshot...

From your screenshot I can see that you're using NASSP 6.4.3, which isn't compatible with Orbiter 2010 or later, so for Orbiter 2010-P1 you need to use Project Apollo - NASSP 7 Beta. The installation instructions are already linked in this thread, you'll find them together with some more informations in our wiki: http://nassp.sf.net

But please keep in mind that NASSP 7 is still beta, which means only the Apollo 7 mission is working correctly and we're still working on checklists and documentation for a release, so there are no complete and comprehensive tutorials or checklists right now.

But for questions and help you're welcome to visit our forum, of course: http://www.ibiblio.org/mscorbit/mscforum/index.php :)

Cheers
Tschachim