Updates NASA New Horizons Mission Updates

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I hope they know what they're doing with that software update. It's a heck of a long walk to hit the power button, lol.

I hope we get more pictures of distant objects, in the coming years.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Found that nice documentary that sums up the whole mission. In French there, but you can probably get subtitles.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
Found that nice documentary that sums up the whole mission. In French there, but you can probably get subtitles.

Unfortunately, this video is not available in India. I have to use VPN to watch it, but I believe it to be costly.

But anyway, I like the New Horizons mission as the first 21st-century spacecraft to go beyond the Gas Giants. The first spacecraft ever to do so is Voyager 1.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this video is not available in India. I have to use VPN to watch it, but I believe it to be costly.

That's unfortunate, but most of VPNs are less than $10 / month, and nowadays are becoming quite essential tools. Worth it, really.

BTW Arte is a public (free or rather States-funded) French-German TV channel, so the content is available in both languages, and should be available through French or German servers (probably also everywhere in the EU). They have a lot of excellent stuff on space exploration and astronomy, this is one video between many.

Also their stuff has an "high educational value" and is commonly used in schools.

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Not available in Latvia.

Good to know. Well, most BBC stuff isn't available from France in the same way, I guess it is something national (well at least it is shared between 2 countries, France and Germany).