Misc My SSD Executor upgrade

Sky Captain

Reaction score
Few days ago I downloaded addon for Star Wars ship Executor, have to say it`s totally awesome:speakcool:. I launched XR2 from KSC to the Moon and made an encounter with Executor. It was really impressive, that thing is totally huge, I could easily fly XR2 trough the "streets" of it`s "ctyscape" upper surface.

Yesterday I started to mess around with Executor`s ini file to give it retro and hover thrust. I noticed it has very low vessel mass setting so out of curiosity I started to calculate how much a vessel that big would mass if made out of material with similar density of steel and it`s structure were 10 percent solid. I ended up with whopping ~36e15 kg for dry structural mass. Fuel mass I set to 123e15kg. Now put the numbers in and see what happens (of course first thing I find out engine thrust was completely inadequate and I could`t get anywhere)

Started to search Wikipedia to find out what kind of performance that ship is supposed to have in Star wars universe, find out it`s whopping 1200 G acceleration (I`d like to see what`s left of the crew after burn:suicide:).

Now started to experiment how much thrust is neccesary to get roughly that acceleration figure, and ended up with mind boggling 1.8e21 Newtons.

So here is the numbers I finnally ended up

SIZE=9500
EMPTY_MASS=36.73e15
FUEL_MASS=123.4e15
MAIN_THRUST=1.83e21
RETRO_THRUST=8.4e18
HOVER_THRUST=9.2e18
MAIN_TEX=exegen1
ATTITUDE_THRUST=2.3E17
ISP=298e6
PMI=(15.5,22.1,7.7)
CW_Z_POS=0.5
CW_Z_NEG=0.9
CW_X=2
CW_Y=2.1
CROSS_SECTION=(23750000.0,93000000.0,15000000.0)

Warning, landing that ship on Earth causes extinction event, taking off and blasting main engines to anywhere near full power while stern is still pointed at Earth probably strips the atmosphere away and boils oceans so be extremely careful:).