My Orbiter acts strange

Michkov

Reaction score
Well having dl´ed various addons and wanted to try them. But the planes which are sitting on the landing strip on the scenario start sink into the ground when starting the engines.
Also the horizon changes when unpausing.

The strange thing is the addons are mostly for the newest orbiter version

Anyone got a idea what could be wrong here?

Chupacabra

Reaction score
What vessels?
Which Scenarious?
Which Addons?
Does this happen for every scenario--including default scenarios?
Does this happen with a clean install?
What do you mean by the horizon changes? Is the sky turning black on the runway?

Since you mentioned you already have various addons installed you might have a single addon that ruins it for the rest. I haven't had that problem though.

EDIT: Does it happen when you disable Orulex and Meshland disabled in the modules tab?

Michkov

Reaction score
Well it happens with most scenarios and vessels even the original ones, the problem was there before I installed the orulux addon.
And yes the sky is going black when unpausing, like a change from days to nigth in just a moment.

Chupacabra

Reaction score
I believe that the fix might involve upgrading (some have said downgrading, I think it depends on what you have) your Nvidia driver.

Maybe someone can suggest something more?

ar81

Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
There are so many addons that giving a description of what addons you have installed could give people an idea of what is going on.
Such a generic description like "installed many addons" is not very helpful.

Chupacabra

Reaction score
ar81 has a good point. Tell us more, we want to be able to help you.

It would be a good idea to redownload the Orbiter package, (for future reference: it is very helpful to keep the Orbiter.zip so as to make several different "installations"), and check if it works without the use of add-ons.

You might have a driver problem but the sinking issue could be caused by an add-on.

Michkov

Reaction score
I´ve got a F-15, Orulux, DG IV and lots of planes in my install. I´d really want to give you all information about what I have installed but I don´t know them all.

I´ll just going to reset orbiter to the original pack.

Chupacabra

Reaction score
Ok, post back to see if the "vanilla"/"clean" Orbiter runs without a hitch.