Project My first solar system

Foofoo14

Reaction score
I would like to show you all my solar system that i am working on.
I have at least 2 planets and one moon for each, plus their sun,

which isn't shown as its nothing special.
The system goes in order from planet to moon
1.Foofoo: its a terraformed mars, i didnt steal the idea from anyone
2. Moon Syntaxys: About the same size as the moon.
3.Chunky: If you think its name is funny then why dont you pay it a visit?
It's about twice the size of jupiter and spins around its axis at a quite noticable rate, Gs on chunky are usually at the comfortable number of 3000.
4.Moon: Infernus: Quite like Io, only more hellish.

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Huh, interesting. What are you using to generate the surface textures?

Arrowstar

Probenaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
No no, I mean, what did you use to actually create the textures that you put into a *.tex file? Just curious as to how you generated water, land masses, things like that.

Foofoo14

Reaction score
oh for the first planet i just went on google for a bmp of a terraformed mars and the land mask to generate the sparkling ocean i used gimp to first x out all the ocean and then greyscale it then using theshhold i made the ocean white then i worked on the land and greyscaled that then made it black. Those other ones i just selected a random earthlike texture generator and changed colors, and added lava with another gimp tool
planet chunky i just found a nice photo with a fractal in it and did some modifications to it.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
İİ14;136366 said:
oh for the first planet i just went on google for a bmp of a terraformed mars
That bmp is possibly copyrighted, and if so, that means you can't use it in your package without permission.

Foofoo14

Reaction score
That bmp is possibly copyrighted, and if so, that means you can't use it in your package without permission.
Well i just wont release that one until im sure.
the others were made by me so i think im good

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
If you made them, sure.
There is still a chance that the imaged you used is public domain, but you better look sharp. When in doubt, see if you find the authors email and ask him. To be honest, I would be irritated if the image you used for the texture is not public domain if there is no water mark anywhere, but you better check it out. Even if it's not, there's still a chance that you'll get permission from the author.

Foofoo14

Reaction score
I have found not a single copyright symbol on the original bmp nor on the site it originated from,plus it is a concept that was never used meaning they already have other ones.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
İİ14;136400 said:
I have found not a single copyright symbol on the original bmp nor on the site it originated from,plus it is a concept that was never used meaning they already have other ones.
That does not matter. A copyrighted work does not need to be marked. As soon as it is published it is copyrighted (there are some cases where works are copyrighted even if they are not published, but that is not really at issue here - the thing was put on a website somewhere, therefore it was published). Unless the copyright owner has explicitly granted licence to use the work, either to you personally or in some public licence, then no such licence exists and you cannot use the work. There are exceptions for derivative works, which yours may or may not be. It would really be best to contact the copyright holder if they have not explicitly granted licence to use the work on their website.

Russ_H

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
still some nice work

I have often thought that using the Delta Glider in a solar system with lots of planets like earth would be more fun then our system.

Looks like we have a planet texture generator at the orbit Hanger. Link

Thanks
Russ

Brycesv1

Crash Test Expert
Reaction score
will you make planets with more off-plane orbits? it seemed to me that our solar system got boring when the first 4 terrestrial planets were reached and there was nothing left to do. since then iv been looking for a system with a lot of planets, stations, and bases.

Foofoo14

Reaction score
It looks nice but unfortunatly my laptop is seven years old and its display driver is less than impressive :lol:---->16 mbs of vid memory<----:lol:
512 ram :rofl::rofl::rofl:.