My experience with the "Award winning" Freeware YSFlight Part 2.

Seb

Reaction score
Part1 can be found: HERE

Finally, it's been 15 minutes since I installed it and now I'm finally in the game. What the heck? Why are there snowball on my plane? Snow in hawaii?

Ah crap, it's been 5 seconds in the cockpit and i've already nuked hawaii. You can really feel the airblast.

Pulling up. The only sound i've heard since starting the game is a looping washing machine sound. I assume I'm a washing machine delivery man then.

Look at that beautiful sea (Or Ice? is it cold in hawaii? (Snowballs still there))

I was pressing buttons on the keyboard to see what they did, and I can only assume this is some snow-ray. It would make sense since the snow on the front of the plane.

What? Am I dead? What just happened? No warning? Tail strike?! Time to uninstall this crap game.

I don't wanna install, I clicked uninstall but i'll follow through. Probably just what it says.

What? Installation has been completed? But I wanted to UN-install it! Let me check my directory, It might have gone.

It's still there? WHAT!? So not only has it installed unneeded software and spyware I can't even get rid of it! Better than Oribiter? I think not.

To get rid of it I had to search YSFlight through windows and delete all directories named YSFlight.

Now, down to business.

YSFlight is a game there would have been popular in the early 90's but quickly became out of date. Comparing this to Orbiter and FSX is like comparing your gran to Usain Bolt. Sure your nan may tell you great stories, but I bet she can't run 100m in 9.72 (Let alone have his rippling muscles) The only fun bit about YSFlight was using the mouse to fly, and if that isn't really intuitive at all.

Score

Sound: 2/10
Graphics: 1/10
Gameplay: 3/10

Overall: 2/10

You couldn't pay me to play this game again. (Oh and I figured out those snowballs are actually clouds wtf)

cr1

Promoting vegetables in space
Reaction score
I've played that before (had to read thru the manual though). It is quite old-fashioned, and I agree that the graphics are pretty bad, but they are slightly better (anti-aliased) if you opened fsmaindx or fsmaino (probably uses DirectX or OpenGL instead of "CPU rendered" like you did). I think it's still playable, despite the fact that it is old.

I spent some time figuring out and getting used to the fact that mouse click means firing weapon. By the time I did, the control tower, and a few other hangars, have already been destroyed.

It is kind of fun when you know how to play it. You can play an air battle scenario or ground support scenario, for instance.

Where did you see it declared as "better than FSX or Orbiter"? And... time to rt(f)m? :)

cr1

Promoting vegetables in space
Reaction score
Meanwhile, for the actual text of the blog post, I would rate your humor 10/10 :D