Music

SwampFox

Reaction score
im still very new to this simulator and i cant firgure out ow to insert my own music into the game?... ive gone through the text files that explain it and ive done it exactly as it says but it still wont work what do i do?

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
You either place a m3u playlist in Orbiter\Sound\mp3\ or the mp3 files themselves, in that case you have to make sure that no playlist is present. And that is probably what you forgot to do :p

Happy Orbiting

tarkus

Reaction score
How do you cycle through the mp3s while in external view mode? I read the document provided in the mp3 folder, but using Shift-R/N/P like it says doesn't work.

Last edited:

Jarvitä

Reaction score
How do you cycle through the mp3s while in external view mode? I read the document provided in the mp3 folder, but using Shift-R/N/P like it says doesn't work.

Make sure you use the correct shift button - if OrbiterSound is open on the left MFD, use left shift, and if it's on the right MFD, use right shift.

tarkus

Reaction score
Ah, I'd missed that. Thanks for the help. I can't travel through space without the right music, after all.

TriCityManiac

Reaction score
Hi,

sorry for my question, but i can't figure it out ...

I placed some mp3's in the right folder (Orbiter\Sound\mp3) and i made a playlist, but i can't cycle through the tracks. Left Shift & R only brings up Orbit MFD: Reference and Right Shift & R brings up nothing.

It's a fresh installation of Orbiter2006P1 and OrbiterSound3.5.

Maybe i'm to silly to cycle through my tracks ... but i really hope i'm not ... :(

Cu

Tom

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
The point of the playlist is to not need to place the files in the folder.
If you have them in the folder, and no playlist is present, all mp3s from the folder will play.

Shift+R only selects the Orbitersound MFD from the MFD selection screen. Bring that up with Shift+F1. Once you have the MFD open you can use Shift+R and Shift+P to switch through the tracks.

And in general in orbiter, you control the left MFD with the left shift key and the right one with the right shift key.

Happy Orbiting

Spicer

Reaction score
I never use orbiter sound. I keep itunes open in the background, and listen to music that way.