Idea msh (and more) exporter for Google SketchUp

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Is there a .msh exporter for SketchUp? This would be wonderful.

Even better would be a way to export even more- maybe some kind of plugin for SketchUp which lets me define engine placement, weight, etc. Just like Orbiter Shipyard, but as a sketchup plugin. Then, I can export all the data to an Orbiter vessel.

I don't think it's as complex as it sounds. Parameters for ships are basically text files right? You could insert objects into the sketchup model to represent engines, and edit parameters for each of them. The locations and orientations of the engine-objects in the model would be exported.

SketchUp doesn't support animations. I wouldn't be looking for this functionality to be implemented into the plugin.

I'm an avid SketchUp modeler, but I'm not knowledgeable about plugin development. Such a plugin would be like a dream to me.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Sadly, there is no .msh exporter. However, there is a .obj exporter that I've been using as of late. It works quite well, and exports the materials and textures used. Quite useful.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
...which you can then use with Anim8or's .msh plugin!
Or the [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3901"].msh plugin for wings3d[/ame] :p

</shamelessplug>