General Question Mouse Pointer Woes

XonE32

Reaction score
Well this is embarrassing. Dumb question comin' up...

The mouse pointer; isn't it supposed to disappear when not in use?

I honestly forget. I've used Orbiter since before the Sept 2006 build but I leave then come back and so forth (it's always on my puter). But I've just come back to it from a hiatus and the mouse pointer always stays on the screen even when it's not in use... is that normal? If not is there a way to make it go away?

If it's normal behavior to stay on the screen ALL the time then I must be getting crotchity in my old age 'cause it's buggin' the crap out me.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

PS: I did change the pointer color to black so if I do have to put up with it ALWAYS being on the screen at least it won't be that noticeable... in space lol. Just wish I could get it to disappear when it's not in use.

Cheers

XonE32

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
i dont think it goes away... perhaps you're confusing it with FSX, in which it does?...

i usually just chuck it to the corner of the screen, or somewhere on my secondary display when not in use....

could an addon be developed to correct this? and make the cursor go away like it does in FS? should be easy enough, no?

XonE32

Reaction score
i dont think it goes away... perhaps you're confusing it with FSX, in which it does?...

i usually just chuck it to the corner of the screen, or somewhere on my secondary display when not in use....

could an addon be developed to correct this? and make the cursor go away like it does in FS? should be easy enough, no?

Thanks Moach for the clarification. I must have been away too long and had forgotten that it stays on the screen and yes I must have been confusing Orbiter with another app/game.

A shame really, but at least I know now it's not a setting in the launchpad or even a mouse setting I'm missing out on.

Thanks again.

Xone32

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Not too hard. Give this a try:
[nomedia="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=4598"]HideCursor[/nomedia]

Matt00

Reaction score
Well this is embarrassing. Dumb question comin' up...

The mouse pointer; isn't it supposed to disappear when not in use?

I honestly forget. I've used Orbiter since before the Sept 2006 build but I leave then come back and so forth (it's always on my puter). But I've just come back to it from a hiatus and the mouse pointer always stays on the screen even when it's not in use... is that normal? If not is there a way to make it go away?

If it's normal behavior to stay on the screen ALL the time then I must be getting crotchity in my old age 'cause it's buggin' the crap out me.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

PS: I did change the pointer color to black so if I do have to put up with it ALWAYS being on the screen at least it won't be that noticeable... in space lol. Just wish I could get it to disappear when it's not in use.

Cheers

XonE32

No it stays there. I've thought of posting something in the wish list for the next build but keep forgetting to. It would be a nice touch although you can move it to one side or another to get it out of your way.