Request Module for BattleField 2142 Mech

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have worked on a model since this thread: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=18663

The mesh is made but i have no c++ knowledge so i would like to know if somebody would like to make it into a working addon. I have gotten alot of friend's for this model. Also i got help from a person on the internet who also made the textures.

Here is what it looks like now:

picture.php

Thanks Stevodoran,

Last edited:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
If one makes a meshwith an animation were the legs move, I could Try to make an Add-On. Maybe I'll need some help from the forum, but I should be able to do it - if someone gives me the Mesh - and (If he wants that the legs move) it should have an animation of moving legs.

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Well it looks like this in the game so i am not sure if it will fit in the XR5..

picture.php

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

If one makes a meshwith an animation were the legs move, I could Try to make an Add-On. Maybe I'll need some help from the forum, but I should be able to do it - if someone gives me the Mesh - and (If he wants that the legs move) it should have an animation of moving legs.

If you want me i can give you the mesh.

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I would like to do it... would be the best chance to try many things that I could need for a BattleTech add-on for Orbiter. Including a walking animation. :lol:

But a BattleMech would be internally completely different to such a Walker, that would be annoying.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
and (If he wants that the legs move) it should have an animation of moving legs.

That won't help, since you have to hard-code the animation into the dll for Orbiter.

However, a Mech is possible to animate in Orbiter, since it's a machine with fixed hinges. You just can't animate people with orbiters standard animation procedures without making htem look like walking robots, but since this is a walking robot, it can be done. It's a lot of work, though...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
So would anyone like to make it?

You have at least two people would would like it. But better leave me out,I am only interested in the walking animation and never played BF 2142.

But... if you could produce a Direwolf or an Awesome mesh... :lol:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I think you would have to tie it to thrust. I thought about doing it to the Drones from Silent Running.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You just can't animate people with orbiters standard animation procedures without making htem look like walking robots, but since this is a walking robot, it can be done. It's a lot of work, though...

You can now do skeleton animations and similar voodoo, it is just a lot of effort.

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
Well it looks like this in the game so i am not sure if it will fit in the XR5..

picture.php

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

If you want me i can give you the mesh.

yes that would be nice. I'd use UCGO-cars. nobody said you can only make normal cars for that, and maybe I can replace the wheel-animation with the leg-animation.

And yes, I think it would fit into an XR5.

And yes, the mesh is real cool.

Last edited:

HAL9001

super-ninja-orbinaut
Reaction score
I wont do it now, because I'm a pupil, too, tomorrow is scool, and in my tiezone it's real late alread. I'll try to do it tomorrow, or at weekend, friday probably.

fort

Reaction score
Art ( One of the two ? authors of Frontier55 Cancri, if i remember ) have made some years ago a walking addon that have been released. Subject of a topic on M6. I do not remember the name of it but i could made a search if necessary ( i have certainly it here ). I don't know if it is also included in Frontier Cancri.

Art is not on the forum since many months but i think that i've read some messages from him at it's beginning. And he have made a site for Frontier Cancri where it is still possible, i suppose, to join him.

Last edited: