Question MFD Checklist "Decal"

msligo

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm just wondering, what is meant on the MFD checklist when the item has (Decal) next to it?

I'm connecting the LM to CSM power at the moment, and I've just been skipping the Decal steps, but then the Sys Test 4D gives me 0 volts. I guess this is supposed to be the CSM/LM umbilical voltage?

Many thanks,
msligo

MrFickles

Reaction score
I've always ignored them with no consequences. My guess is that the system isn't implemented yet.

indy91

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When the CSM supplies the power for everything running in the LM you would get, in reality, at least a bit of current all the time. Some heaters and simply system losses. In NASSP the heaters are cycling on and off and there aren't really many losses, so there isn't much of a steady state current that is flowing from the CSM to LM. So to at least get somewhat of a current when the CSM to LM power is first connected we intentionally undercooled certain systems in the initial LM state that are connected to heaters. The problem with this is that it's quite timing dependent; if the power is connected a bt later than usual the LM has already done the heating up under its own power.

So if you see 0V on the system test meter it could still mean that the power is connected. The needle should however be twitching occasionally, that is the heaters cycling on and off.

There is another test you could do to see if the power is connected. Go to the LM and check if the "C/W PWR" light is on. The light can only be on if the LM is under its own power (inhibited by CSM power and pre SLA deployment).

msligo

Reaction score
Ok, so just to clarify, I can safely ignore the (Decal) steps, and everything should still work?

I'll keep an eye out for a jumpy needle.