Surface Base MarsOne Base

TachyonDriver

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
..I'm just puzzled as to why there is no entry effect at a particular altitude when I enter, surely at 60KM I'm in the planet.

.. at 60km you're 60 kilometres from the surface surely. It's Mars - the atmosphere isn't as thick or extends has high as Earth's ;) The surface mfd should display the static and dynamic pressures, indicating when you're beginning to hit atmo.

richfororbit

Reaction score
I suspected so. Unfortunately, landing is tricky due to the velocity and the fact that there is no working parachute, as well no landing site.

I thought Pathfinder would work in all the copies of Mars. The only specific way to go about landing would be for me to place the craft 60KM above the landing area. And then to carefully manuover the craft to a flat side of the Pathfinder location.

But none of this is possible without the working parachute, all I could do was undock it, as the fuel runs out fairly quickly:hmm:

And as for the return module that was available in the mission file, just how would that of returned to orbit with such a small amount of fuel. I'm rather confused now.

richfororbit

Reaction score
I've started to realise the objective to land on the planet anywhere is not desired to be manual. As the file states the autopilot needs to be used, and then the parachute, heatsheild must be removed at different times during the descent with the engines used at the last moment to slow down velocity.

:) I did think the fuel amount was quite low to be able to slow down.

As i stated I had to bring in the vehicle parts into the actual pathfinder file, I had used a delta glider to construct my scene, so the vehicle is 69KM above the surface.

If the vehicle can't slow down the just by me using the different pieces, then I don't really have much of a mission.