Well, I'm not good at this, so I will do the best I can, the feature the vehicles that I had, especially on the probes/satellites was as follow, that will varies on the individual probes/satellites, so heres the feature (or capabilities if you will):
For Non-Manned Vehicles:
2) Auto-Course trajectories to target according to mission parameters, one of them I have that goes to the moon and the other one which I do not remember goes to Mars, I remember controlling some sort of rover myself.
For Manned Vehicles:
2) Auto-Course trajectories to target according to mission parameters.
3) Auto-Land at intended Target and operate vehicle(s) myself.
4) Auto-Takeoff of target landed and rendezvous to return vehicle.
5) Auto-Return to Earth trajectories.
These are what I remembered doing but don't remember the vehicles I use. Now to Mars and other far flung places, I tries doing it with TransX with utmost continuous failure, missing it, out of fuel, and most of all, which happened more often, collision course into the sun, well for me, the sun is more like a wall instead of burning up, if theres any download/update to the sun to make it more real, such as getting too close to it and burn up, I would be happy there when something simulate the real sun, anyway, I am very unsuccessful of using the TransX or other MFD, going to and from the moon is fine, that's simple, but anywhere else, I would call that a suicide mission, I can never get to where I'm going, thanks to those vehicles that I lost that got me there and back in one piece, the only way I can get to other planets, but can't go into other planets is Star Trek vehicles, it's fun for a little while, but I would like to do some "low-tech" todays technologies for a while, something different and fun then point and click, and something that will take a while to get there. Any help will be very grateful.