Making group of meshes

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi! I made simple model in gmax and I wanted to animate them in Spacecraft3. I made groups of meshes by selecting them and choosing Group -> Group. In the name strip I wrote: 01 But If I wrote an animation for this group, it didn't animate and other mesh have been animated. How I must make and name meshes or groups to animate them correctly in Spacecraft3?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The number you have to tell spacecraft3 is the position of the group inside the Orbiter mesh file. Use meshdebug or Meshwizard for getting these numbers for spacecraft3.dll

Dr Pepper

Soft Drink
Reaction score
Also note that when you name individual objects (not groups) in the Gmax name strip thing, those names show up in the mesh file as the mesh groups. It makes things much easier.

For example, if you made a spaceship that had a solar panel, if you named the panel in Gmax, that name would show up in the mesh file. You still need to use the group number in the Spacecraft3 config file, but you can quickly find the object you are looking for in the mesh file this way.

...That probably did not make any sence. :blink:

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The number you have to tell spacecraft3 is the position of the group inside the Orbiter mesh file. Use meshdebug or Meshwizard for getting these numbers for spacecraft3.dll

Where I can find that debugger? Nothing on Orbiter-Wiki...

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Activate it in the Modules tab(it comes default) and then Ctrl-F4 and select Mesh Debugger.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

It is part of Orbiters standard installation, it is a plug in you can enable just like a MFD.

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks guys :) Now everything is working correctly :) :cheers:

Poscik

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have another problem. This time it's scaling. Mesh doesn't scale correctly. Maybe I don't know anything about REF line. Here is the picture which explain what I' m going to do:
scale.JPG
Square is the mesh which I want to scale. Black "plus" is the REF point. Arrow shows direction of scaling. In this configuration mesh isn't scaling in correct speed. What's wrong?

Last edited: