Textures LVL10 cloud detail for Orbiter 2016 ***OUTDATED***

galleto

Reaction score
***** This is outdated and doesn't make much sense with the d3d9 client improvements. I'm working on a new version

I modified NASA's BMNG clouds in photoshop to make them look more fluffy and "cloudy" and less like big square chunks at LEO and athmospheric flight.
The file is 1,4 Gigs and orbithangar breaks whenever I try to upload, so If anybody wants it I will externally upload them or something.

EdZu1Ew.jpg

EDIT: I uplodaded it to drive.

just drop it in your textures/earth/archive folder

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fLvaaCXcSM4Opo2sdHDnnb0FU89fkFrK/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Does shadowing work ?

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The file is 1,4 Gigs and orbithangar breaks whenever I try to upload, so If anybody wants it I will externally upload them or something.
You might want to contact Xyon for OHM support. I'm sure he can help you get this uploaded.

Marg

Reaction score
Better clouds is a must have...

Gingin

Reaction score
Nice, thanks for that.
Indeed, with HD earth textures , it wasn’t that good.
What is the default clouds definition ? L9?

Marg

Reaction score
I do not want to complain, just after some usage I made a couple observations - clouds are a bit un-uniform, tiles sometimes not adjusted, I mean clouds on adjacent tiles are of different brightness. Seams are more obvious... (humans always are not satisfied with something).

galleto

Reaction score
I do not want to complain, just after some usage I made a couple observations - clouds are a bit un-uniform, tiles sometimes not adjusted, I mean clouds on adjacent tiles are of different brightness. Seams are more obvious... (humans always are not satisfied with something).

Yes, I also noticed that. The problem is (I think) the tiles that form the cloud textures have to merge at some point and if they were not divided perfectly some pixels are going to be mismatched.
In space engine for example this doesn't happen because there is a 2 pixels wide frame reserved for a smoother texture merging.

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Nice, thanks for that.
Indeed, with HD earth textures , it wasn’t that good.
What is the default clouds definition ? L9?

L9 yes :thumbup:

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Is the file still available ? The link says the file doesn't exist.

WingC3

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Has this been re-uploaded anywhere? Seems like a heck of a thing to let drop off the face of the earth... pun intended.