Love the Sim, looking to help improve the mods

ChcAelsi

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I've played Orbiter in some form since the era of Orbiter 2006. I haven't been able to play it in a few years until more recently when I acquired a sufficiently powerful computer to run it. I'm quite versed in the mechanics of the game by now, and the 2016 Edition is quite impressive, especially the rendering of the Earth (I could spend countless hours in orbit just staring at the Earth rolling by if I let myself).

I've played around with a lot of cool mods, but I've noticed a distinct lack of mods that are completely compatible with the 2016 edition. It's sporadic, too, because some mods, notably NASSP, make no claim of compatibility but have passed all my tests so far. Many others appear to be "almost" compatible.

Since my computer doesn't support Orbiter 2010 (probably has something to do with unsupported Visual C++ Libraries), I am really looking to start diving into some code and config files. I want these awesome addons to work and work well in Orbiter 2016. So, I'm joining this forum to connect with the user and developer community.

I look forward to working with all of you!

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum!

:cheers:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Careful what you wish for.

:cheers:

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Welcome to OF!
I guess that if you install the correct MS VC++ runtimes, then your pc will be able to run Orbiter2010.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Welcome!

To create addons, you have two paths: C++ programming or "orbiter script".
Check Orbiter's SDK to see how it works.

Just keep in mind that simulation is complex, and this is a free simulator.
You don't have development tools like Unity engine. So you will spend a lot of time just to do simple things like opening a solar panel.