Question Looking for a way how to create custom guidance for Altair Lunar Lander

NgambekPangolin

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

Im playing a lot with Constellation program 2016 (big thanks to the 4th rock!), I have become quite proficient with landing manually, according the original Apollo trajectory, it has been lot of fun, nevertheless I'm tired of doing certain maneuvers manually and would like to write sort of a script for the Altair vessel to follow when I turn on the autopilot.

To be more exact I look for something like a Multistage2015 guidance editor which allows you to set amount of thrust, time of the maneuver and attitude. And than be able to set more of them in a sequence.

Is there something that fulfills my mad genius fantasy. I would really prefer this way rather than having pursuit decide everything.

Thanks a lot!

NgambekPangolin

Reaction score
You can try to program something like that using LUA script...

Oh thank you for the response mighty 4throck!

I'm going to dive into it.

If I may add one thing that is inaccurate in your beautiful Altair model, inaccurate and bit troublesome, is that your descent engine is far more powerful than it should be and hoover mdf screws up the horizontal speeds while adjusting the vertical descent.

I think the maximum thrust should be more like 66k not 666k. Thought I would not be able to land with it starting the PDI at appropriate distance with lesser trust than 130k at maximum.

But anyway thanks!