Problem LOLA on Triton

Ark

Reaction score
I know it's pretty much pointless to ask any questions related to this MFD, but why is it that when I use it to land at a base on Triton, it flips the ship over, fires the hover thrusters, and rams me strait into the ground?

Wonderer

Reaction score
Triton is very light (you can use Ummu transition thrusters to hover when on the surface of it).So in my opinion lola mfd can't handle low weight planets.

Ark

Reaction score
Triton is very light (you can use Ummu transition thrusters to hover when on the surface of it).So in my opinion lola mfd can't handle low weight planets.

I figured it had to either be that, or the slight atmosphere.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Might as well ask another Triton question: Is there a way to stop the UMMUs from tipping all over the place when you try to walk forward? For some insane reason they had no problem in one scenario, and in another scenario they spin all over the place. Might have something to do with airlock locations, EVAing from one ship works fine while EVAing from another ship has this problem.

Last edited:

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
I figured it had to either be that, or the slight atmosphere.

Well, I just had LOLA do the same thing to me while I was trying to deorbit and land on a base on the moon. I figured it was just because I didn't have the last orbit passing close enough over the base. LOLA overshot, then apparently decided a surface intersecting route was the best way back.

Unfortunately, I don't have that scenario saved at a close enough point to go back and experiment to see if that was the problem or not.

---------- Post added 12-11-10 at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was 12-10-10 at 01:27 PM ----------

I just noticed that I wasn't running the latest version of LoLa (2010-11-08 version). Haven't tested it yet, but the changelog lists Landing AP fixes.

That might be the problem for both of us.

Shinrar

Reaction score
Might as well ask another Triton question: Is there a way to stop the UMMUs from tipping all over the place when you try to walk forward? For some insane reason they had no problem in one scenario, and in another scenario they spin all over the place. Might have something to do with airlock locations, EVAing from one ship works fine while EVAing from another ship has this problem.

What are the MJDs of the two scenarios? If I'm wagering correctly, the one where you're jumping around is in the future, and the on it works fine is likely a 2001 scenario?