Question Lawn Mower engine questions

fsci123

Future Dubstar and Rocketkid
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I, mr fsci123 wants to buy a lawn mower engine.:facepalm: Why you ask? Its because i want to make a electric generator. And if ive managed to keep the first engine intact and running for a few months i would like to buy a second one so i can make a derivable ice-cooler similar to the one in the attached photo. Could someone tell me what would be the optimum horsepower needed for a simple generator and a vehicle that should be able to haul 350lb.

Attachments

• slide_22149_325502_large.jpg
    slide_22149_325502_large.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 17

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Depends on the power requirements of your ice-cooler. about 50% more power of the engine as needed by the fridge would be recommended, since not all energy will be converted into electricity.

Also, you should remember that law mower engines are not made for running at high power for hours. Being a bit more over-sized is better then, so you can run the engine at lower speeds. Much better would be a diesel engine even a two stroke one runs much better for prolonged periods of time than a two-strike gas engine.

n0mad23

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Since you're doing something "cool" like this already, have you considered going for a conversion to a hydrocarbon-gasification system? With ingenuity, you might even be able to power the whole thing with grass clippings, or some similar type of bio-waste.