Launch of Cavradyne Interplanetary

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
South Atlantic Post
June 22nd, 2024

Today saw the start of a new corporation, Cavradyne Aerospace, off the remains of the mostly defunct aerospace industries of the 20th Century.

The company has stated in a press release this afternoon that its main goals are to send an exploration to the surface of Mars before 2034.

Operating out of facilities at the new spaceflight hub of the world, Ascension Island, with cooperation from world astronautics leader Altea Aerospace as well as ArianeSpace, operations are due to begin within two months.

=======
Note: Yes, name taken from the engine type found on Discovery One in 2001: A Space Odyssey. Hey, it's a cool name! :lol:

So yeah, I'm starting off one of those one-man VSAs to make my Orbiter experience more meaningful, much like plenty of other Orbinauts [Phantom Mfg., HASSESA, ISA, FSATGMADOE (that's a mouthful!) etc.]

To my knowledge it's the first one which will go beyond cislunar space, though. Should be interesting. :hailprobe:

Pyromaniac605

Toast! :D
Reaction score
Yes FSATGMADOE is a mouthful! :lol:
And it's one hell of an abbreviation.

Also, mine is progressing much like a real space agency, so I'm starting with the basic (with the currect Soyuz missions), next I'm probably going for a space station, then lunar, then Mars, then who knows where?

So mine was intended from the start to go further than the Moon, but I think yours is the first to start with such a task. :thumbup:

Darren

PS: Bet FSATGMADOE can beat you to Jupiter! (and yes that is a challenge! :cool: )

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hah. Cavradyne made it to Jupiter (and Saturn if you read the book) nine years ago.

...Okay, well that wasn't mine, but still? :3

I'm not rushing into anything right now, as the Mars flight will take up the next while, (I'm building the ship in orbit first, after all) but sure, I accept that challenge. Let the space race begin! Don't cheat please! :)

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
To be honest you have a headstart, I still have the rest of my orbital missions, a space station, a lunar mission and a Mars mission ahead of me. :p

Well the game is afoot and I intend to play it. (I say the weirdest things :lol:)

Darren

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
ISA wishes you all the very best.

PS, Don't steal our customers :lol:

Actually, I must do an ISA update. It's been too long.

Pyromaniac605

Reaction score
MWAHAHA!!!
*grabs people out of ISA's front office*

I'M STEALING YOUR CUSTOMERS NOW, LIKE TO SEE HOW IZACK WOULD BE ABLE TO! :evillaugh: (which should be a smiley)

Darren

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Smiley_evilslaugh.gif

I'm not stealing anyone's customers... We're using other company's vessels to get our stuff into orbit (Altea, Ariane) on commission from the US government. So...in a way, I'm my own customer. :lol:

Thanks for the kind words!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Aren't the "upstart" corporations just the best :)
Phantom Mfg. has plenty of missions and contract to keep them busy in LEO and in the Earth-Lunar sphere of operation to keep them busy for a long while. Although there might be some money to be made out in the asteroid belt...

Phantom Mfg has established a bar in the basement of one of their buildings at Ascension called the "Cellar Door", drop by anytime!

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Cellar Door, eh? Sounds aesthetically pleasing. :lol:

I'll make sure to drop by. Everyone has offices at Ascension these days, so it's just a brisk walk. :cheers: