News Latvia becomes ESA Associate Member State.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Latvia signed an Association Agreement with ESA on 30 June 2020.

This Association Agreement between ESA and the Government of the Republic of Latvia, builds on the successful results achieved under the previous frameworks of cooperation and enters into force for a duration of seven years. Comprising 18 Articles and two Annexes, it orchestrates the strengthening of Latvia’s relations with ESA.

https://www.esa.int/About_Us/Corporate_news/Latvia_becomes_ESA_Associate_Member_State

"As recalled by the Minister and State Secretary during the preparatory bilateral meeting held in Riga on 7 August 2019, Latvian’s involvement in space is driven by a ‘niche approach’ to innovation, building on the historical heritage of space technologies and competences initially developed in Soviet times."

Didn't know Latvia worked on the Soviet space program?

Last edited:

Marg

Reaction score
Strange to see my country's name in Orbiter forum... Yes, there was some work done in some institutes for space program during the time in the USSR.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks for that Marg, any idea what?

Marg

Reaction score
If I remember correctly - research of material for thermal tiles for "Buran", and some other things in this area - i think later some thermo-insulation for ESA also...