LaTeX Cheatsheet/guide

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
I decided to make a LaTeX quick reference and guide for those of us who include math in our posts. It isn't too detailed, but should suffice if all you use LaTeX for is posts on Orbiter-Forum. Along with this, I would like to link to Detexify, which is an amazing resource for using LaTeX. Enjoy!

Attachments

• OFcheatsheet.pdf
    130.6 KB · Views: 44

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Very useful, thanks for doing this.

N.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Thanks fireballs619 :tiphat:

FWIW, I regularly use the Lyx GUI and copy the LaTeX source over.

Jarvitä

Reaction score
Not really necesarry for me, I've close to 100MB of .tex files (and counting) on my PC for uni purposes (I take all my notes and do all assignments in LaTeX), but remember, practice makes perfect!

[math]\sigma{}_y\ =\ \sqrt{ \sum_{i} \left( \left. \frac{\partial{} y}{\partial{} x_{i}}\right|_{\overline{x}} \right)^{2}\ \sigma{}^{2}_{x_{i}}}[/math]
FWIW, I regularly use the Lyx GUI and copy the LaTeX source over.

LyX (and similar semi-LaTeX editors) are a pain to use for actual document preparation, but I guess the graphical equation editors can be useful if you're still learning LaTeX. I use emacs for everything LaTeX-related, myself.

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
LyX (and similar semi-LaTeX editors) are a pain to use for actual document preparation, but I guess the graphical equation editors can be useful if you're still learning LaTeX. I use emacs for everything LaTeX-related, myself.

TeXWorks is my preferred editor. I find that emacs is overly simplified (can there be such a thing?).

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I started with Texlipse and then switched to Notepad++.

Thanks for the cheat sheet, I also have such information on the final pages of a small LaTex book that I bought for university. :lol: