Latest Versions and Sites

PaulG

Reaction score
Hi. It's been a long time since I played orbiter and I'd like to get back into it. I'm just trying to find out what the latest version is and relevant sites.

From what I can tell, is 2016 the latest version?

I remember there was a DGIV add-on that I had. Does that still work with 2016 or is there some equivalent?

I remember back when I was playing orbiterhanger was a good site for addons. Is this still the case?

Are there any other good resources for mods, add-ons, etc. for the latest version?

Thanks.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
The latest version is indeed Orbiter 2016. There were some beta releases past that point, but that's a whole other thing. The core of Orbiter is still a small download, but there is a larger download for terrain maps and tilesets which is several GB - those are best downloaded via P2P software because of their size.

Quite a few addons haven't been updated for 2016, still, but I haven't played Orbiter for a while, so I don't know what to recommend here. What I can say is that OHM is still a good source for addons - but bear with it, because as of two days ago it's limping a little with some recent server side changes.

PaulG

Reaction score
Thanks. What is the best place for the textures?