Question Latest Firefly

Fearless

Reaction score
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone had the latest Firefly that I could have.

I believe RagTag had downloads but his link no longer exists.

Thank you in advance.

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I believe there is one guy on this forum that has all of the Ragtag addons, so I am sure he will get back to you upon seeing this post. For context; however, Ragtag took all of his addons down awhile back for some reason. I do not remember what the reason was, but that is why you are unable to download them anywhere.

Last edited:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I have some and I think someone has others. I have heard different responses. One I heard was do with them as you see fit. Not really sure why he took them down. Maybe he didn't want a lot of questions.

jgrillo2002

Conservative Pioneer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yea I would like the whole Ragtag set if possible. I seriously need to back that up somewhere. To the guy that has it, send me a PM.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I have the Firefly Sport, have yet to try it in Orbiter 2016 though.

CTarana45

Reaction score
I have the Firefly Sport, have yet to try it in Orbiter 2016 though.

I just did! FFJumbo2008.zip This 15 Megabyte File works fine on Orbiter2016!
This is the version done by Jon and Schawn! I don't have the Sport Version though! :thumbup:

Christopher Tarana

Fearless

Reaction score
Anyone with a copy of the Firefly Sport willing to pass it on would be greatly appreciated. The version done by Jon and Schawn is awesome but I just have big issues trying to add the shuttles when I wish to use the Firefly in another scenario.

Last edited:

CTarana45

Reaction score
hu

Anyone with a copy of the Firefly Sport willing to pass it on would be greatly appreciated. The version done by Jon and Schawn is awesome but I just have big issues trying to add the shuttles when I wish to use the Firefly in another scenario.

I believe there were two attachment mfd's/managers that had to be activated
to control the shuttles and the cargo sleds! FFMControl.dll & FFSControl.dll,
those are found in Orbiter's Plugins Folder. :thumbup:

Christopher Tarana!

fort

Reaction score
Hello CTarana45,

Received your email.

I had, a time, all the Ragtag addons, all, in the different releases, published on Orbithangar or on the site that was dedicated to this addon. But, not finding the time to synthesize, to experiment with them, I answered almost three years ago to a request of Bloodworth, who wished to work with these ships and their the environment, by sending, via File Dropper, all that I had. 200 MB. The file is no longer there and Bloodworth seems not to have returned to the forum since then. But perhaps it is still possible to contact him by email.

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37061

Good day.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I might have some of them. I'll check when I get home later tonight (US Eastern Standard Time).

CTarana45

Reaction score
Hello CTarana45,

Received your email.

I had, a time, all the Ragtag addons, all, in the different releases, published on Orbithangar or on the site that was dedicated to this addon. But, not finding the time to synthesize, to experiment with them, I answered almost three years ago to a request of Bloodworth, who wished to work with these ships and their the environment, by sending, via File Dropper, all that I had. 200 MB. The file is no longer there and Bloodworth seems not to have returned to the forum since then. But perhaps it is still possible to contact him by email.

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=37061

Good day.

Thanks, Fort! :thumbup:

Christopher!

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I had to remember how to do it myself...
When you click the link and the next page loads, click on the circled date on the calendar. Then it'll let you save the zip file.

Fearless

Reaction score
I had to remember how to do it myself...
When you click the link and the next page loads, click on the circled date on the calendar. Then it'll let you save the zip file.

Much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Does anyone by chance have a list of control commands for the ragtag fleet?

fort

Reaction score
CTarana45

I passed you a message in MP but I do not know if it worked. Tell me if you have not received it.

Good day

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

CTarana45,

Your email don't work for me. My answer was:

" Alas, alas, alas ... When I sent all my documents in 2016 to Bloodworth, I gave up, for myself, trying to put, one day, in order all these addons from J Marcure. There was there all the Ragtag Fleet: ships in their different evolutions (and especially the first Firefly that J Marcure had finally removed because of the presence of a logo on the ship, if my memory is good); *.dll produced to add or modify some features of a ship or to adapt certain codes to Windows XP for example, different MFD dll, all of that linked on orbiter forum or the site created and dedicated to Ragtag; and, also, Orbiter and Ragtag forum topics - yankeeclipper I think - detailing the ships, their features, the keyboard keys to maneuver ...

But, and three times alas, I have not kept anything of the Ragtag Fleet after that. I have here quantity of addon published over the last ten or twelve years for Orbiter, coming from Orbithangar, Avsim, or other forums. But I have nothing left of John Marcure's work.

Is Bloodworth reachable? Did he keep what I had transmitted to him ? Does someone can try to sent him a message (praying that he still has the same mailbox) ? I saw his name in one or two places on Google, but no recent results. I tried the Waybackmachine on the upload sites I used to communicate my documents to him but without results.

Bloodworth seemed to want to build something, a universe, with the Ragtag. And finally ...

A bit sad.

Last edited:

CTarana45

Reaction score
CTarana45

I passed you a message in MP but I do not know if it worked. Tell me if you have not received it.

Good day

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

CTarana45,

Your email don't work for me. My answer was:

" Alas, alas, alas ... When I sent all my documents in 2016 to Bloodworth, I gave up, for myself, trying to put, one day, in order all these addons from J Marcure. There was there all the Ragtag Fleet: ships in their different evolutions (and especially the first Firefly that J Marcure had finally removed because of the presence of a logo on the ship, if my memory is good); *.dll produced to add or modify some features of a ship or to adapt certain codes to Windows XP for example, different MFD dll, all of that linked on orbiter forum or the site created and dedicated to Ragtag; and, also, Orbiter and Ragtag forum topics - yankeeclipper I think - detailing the ships, their features, the keyboard keys to maneuver ...

But, and three times alas, I have not kept anything of the Ragtag Fleet after that. I have here quantity of addon published over the last ten or twelve years for Orbiter, coming from Orbithangar, Avsim, or other forums. But I have nothing left of John Marcure's work.

Is Bloodworth reachable? Did he keep what I had transmitted to him ? Does someone can try to sent him a message (praying that he still has the same mailbox) ? I saw his name in one or two places on Google, but no recent results. I tried the Waybackmachine on the upload sites I used to communicate my documents to him but without results.

Bloodworth seemed to want to build something, a universe, with the Ragtag. And finally ...

A bit sad.

Well, with the release of some of Jon's addons via the Wayback Machine, I'm trying to find original documentation for those addons. :lol: Or I can create them from scratch! I did leave a PM for Bloodworth but no reply yet!

Thanks!

Christopher Tarana

Fearless

Reaction score
That would be awesome if you have or recreated the documentation.