Gaming Lagoa multiphysics engine

jinglesassy

Reaction score
[ame="http://vimeo.com/13457383"]Lagoa Multiphysics 1.0 - Teaser on Vimeo[/ame]

Wow gaming really has some along way in the past decade. I guess the next question is when will it be available in orbiter?!?!

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Wow, amazing! Although I think it would be useless in Orbiter, unless you want to turn Orbiter into a planet simulator, in which case it would be the Matrix.
Let's see if we can get Orulex with collisions working first, shall we? :p
Still amazing though.

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Amazing indeed.

Also, I couldn't help but get dejavu almost - that thing was very reminiscent of an old school "demo". The music even had a bit of a Purple Motion feel to it (although the video portion itself was far less entertaining than your typical Future Crew production - from an entertainment perspective, I realize that wasn't the point of the video, I'm just sayin'....)

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Wow, amazing! Although I think it would be useless in Orbiter, unless you want to turn Orbiter into a planet simulator, in which case it would be the Matrix.
Let's see if we can get Orulex with collisions working first, shall we? :p
Still amazing though.
And don't forget walking UMMUs!! :rofl:

Extraordinary engine, though. Physics simulation really has come a long way. Sadly, this will mainly be put to use in crappy simple 6-button-interface first-person shooters. These are dark times, in some respects.

Bleck. Dark Age of Infinite Knowledge.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yep, flashy PS3 graphics. Who needs 'em?!
No offense to Artlav BTW. OGLA is awesome. :thumbup:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yep, flashy PS3 graphics. Who needs 'em?!
No offense to Artlav BTW. OGLA is awesome. :thumbup:
Well, I wasn't complaining about graphics...I quite like those. :)

My main point was that it would seem like an awful waste if such a powerful simulation tool were used to make a bad guy's head crunch up and splatter when a sniper who pressed two buttons bagged him.

But, I don't want to hijack this thread any further. :hunter:

Usquanigo

Reaction score
Website
uk.groups.yahoo.com
Well, I wasn't complaining about graphics...I quite like those. :)

My main point was that it would seem like an awful waste if such a powerful simulation tool were used to make a bad guy's head crunch up and splatter when a sniper who pressed two buttons bagged him.

But, I don't want to hijack this thread any further. :hunter:

Not a waste at all. That's called "payoff". ;) (just like the slumped over gunners in the cat in IL2 - though those were weakly done, but you get the idea)

Moach

Crazy dude with a rocket
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Extraordinary engine, though. Physics simulation really has come a long way. Sadly, this will mainly be put to use in crappy simple 6-button-interface first-person shooters. These are dark times, in some respects.

these are dark, grim, grim times which come upon us....

happily there's a beacon of hope -

legend tells of a game, no, a SIMULATOR! which not only has more than 6 buttons, it brings realism and coherence above the cheap thrills of constant explosions, magestically bound to immense freedom and depth! - it has even been written that such brilliant device of men can yet be bettered by other men, through what one would call "addons"!!
And in never-ceasing glory, dwells the fact that this is made available for all and any who have in their hearts to receive it - Freeware, some would tell -

and said legend, my friend, is but the truth! it is neither myth nor fable -- this is real! -- this is Orbiter! :cheers: :hail: :probe:

...and that engine - very cool! but it's mostly for renders now... it'll be a while before games start being put together with that... and a far greater while before any GOOD games are as well

Last edited:

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Yeah it may be awhile before this quality comes to games(3 years maybe?)but when it does i can imagine so much it can be used for in orbiter.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
these are dark, grim, grim times which come upon us....

happily there's a beacon of hope -

legend tells of a game, no, a SIMULATOR! which not only has more than 6 buttons, it brings realism and coherence above the cheap thrills of constant explosions, magestically bound to immense freedom and depth! - it has even been written that such brilliant device of men can yet be bettered by other men, through what one would call "addons"!!
And in never-ceasing glory, dwells the fact that this is made available for all and any who have in their hearts to receive it - Freeware, some would tell -

and said legend, my friend, is but the truth! it is neither myth nor fable -- this is real! -- this is Orbiter! :cheers: :hail: :probe:
That was...beautiful... :cry: