Problem ISS AtoZ solar arrays

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I am setting up the payload for STS-119 (S6 truss) and I want to use the S6 truss that comes with ISS AtoZ ("S6_PV:pv_s6").
The problem is that I cannot modify the truss for "launch configuration" (stowing it into the shuttle payload bay) since the arrays do not fold. Using the robotics I have disabled suntracking mode, then rotated the top and bottom arrays to 0 degrees, but when I press the command to stow them they are stuck in the full unfolded position and I get a message that prompts me to rotate the arrays to 0 degrees before folding them (but they are already at 0 degrees..):shrug:

Ok I found that despite the arrays are commanded to 0 degrees and the rotation is confirmed 0.00 degrees in internal view, looking at the scenario the arrays seem to be commanded and set at 0.2/0.3 degrees. I had to manually modify those values bt editing the scenario lines to fix the folding problem... Is that normal?..

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Keys 1/2 should stow the arrays. Key 7 should fold the radiators. They take some time to complete.

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Keys 1/2 should stow the arrays. Key 7 should fold the radiators. They take some time to complete.

Ok, thanks for the tip. I did not know there was such a lag between the onscreen indication and the actual array position. This is the message I get after setting the arrays to zero angle and waiting for the onscreen correct indication.

View attachment 13720

It really takes some time before the arrays can be stowed (need to be more patient :p)

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Fast forward is your friend. ;)