Scenario ISS actual position

mxk

Reaction score
Edit: I'll be darned, the Scenario Editor TLS plugin is great. I don't really know as much as most folks here, but I'm hoping it corrected the ISS's orbital height to 418-420km or so. If anyone knows, please let me know. Also hope it's OK to bump older threads, here...

First you should to open this address
from there you should to create txt file then open orbiter press pause then load this file from Scenario Editor TLS and to update data to current and then resume to play on the picture bellow you can see the mainly steps

2021-07-22_20-25.png

barrygolden

Reaction score
Back in the days of 2006 or 2010 , as the station was being assembled some one who did the scenarios for the Shuttle flights did some real time scenarios and they were spot on. You could use orbiter to track and see ISS as it flew over. WE need that again to follow along

CreponChris

Reaction score
First you should to open this address
from there you should to create txt file then open orbiter press pause then load this file from Scenario Editor TLS and to update data to current and then resume to play on the picture bellow you can see the mainly steps

View attachment 26103
Thank you! I had actually figured this out before your reply but I appreciate you taking the time to do this, and also giving me the TLE that's just for ISS. I was downloading stations.txt and using that. Too bad with DX9 in Orbiter_NG when you go to load TLE it tells you you can't 'alt-tab' and basically stops rendering. But the solution to that is, it seems, to open Orbiter, set everything up in there, do a quicksave or even a sceneario save, and then open that in Orbiter_NG. :)

barrygolden

Reaction score
thanks for the response but still seems a bit much to do. back in the day you just opened orbiter and then clicked that scenario and it would go to the real time tracking. One reason I got into orbiter was a NASA view from NASA TV called 3D world which showed the shuttle in orbit around the earth