Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Need another option, 'don't know'.

Krikkit

Reaction score
I had been waiting for this movie for five years. I actually forgot it existed. Glad to see they are finally filming it.

Looks a little campy, like a b-reel sci-fi, but I like those kinds of movies. It will probably be worth a watch.

dougkeenan

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Dynamite addon(s). More talent than I possess, alas.

2qc2pg9.jpg

theflyingfish

Falling with Style
Reaction score
It has potential. The CGI talent is obviously there. It's success will hinge on the acting and writing quality. I am guessing the general premise is that when Germany lost WWII, they fled to the moon and began secretly building a massive strike force to retake the world. Seems pretty cool, especially since the attack is called a Meteorblitzkrieg. If I saw that many Nazi spaceships re-entering at once, i would find myself a nice, deep coal mine to hide in until things cooled down. I like the zeppelin-like look of the large mother-ships. A clever ploy to revitalize the whole WWII-war-movie genre.

Last edited:

Star Voyager

Space Shuttle Refugee
Reaction score
The blonde in the beginning looks really nice. I just might see this movie now that I saw her...ON THE MOON (which only heightens her beauty)!

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well, their Nazis at least speak a better german than George Lucase's, at least... :lol:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
This movie would be awesome if it wasn't a comedy.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Bump for a good reason, the film opened in Finland and Germany's cinemas four days ago. I don't know if it will get as far as United Kingdom or United States cinemas, though.

The plot is also up on Wikipedia:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Sky"]Iron Sky[/ame]

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
These are the guys who did Star Wreck which, considering the budget and locations they used was absolutely brilliant.

I hope this is a major win for them because the film industry needs some fresh ideas and talent.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Ok, minor nitpick here...in the trailer, the Space Zepplins were in orbit over florida, and they were facing north, that would indicate, that, unless they did some turning, they are in a polar orbit, and the moon isn't in a polar orbit... :2cents:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Ok, minor nitpick here...in the trailer, the Space Zepplins were in orbit over florida, and they were facing north, that would indicate, that, unless they did some turning, they are in a polar orbit, and the moon isn't in a polar orbit... :2cents:

No matter which way space works in that movie, that statement is incorrect.

If space works in the normal, real way; then orientation changes nothing because I could orient a satellite to face 'in the up' direction which would not change anything related to the directional velocity (unless we count drag, but that's a completely different matter).

If space works in the fake, Star Trek way; then orientation does not matter as the spacecraft are under the 'hover' effect; where no spacecraft are affected by the gravitational pull of the parent body.

TL;DR Summary: What you are doing, mojoey, is applying the plane-change factor into a simulated universe where there is no such thing as a plane-change factor.