Incompatibility with Dan Step's Mods

Geirunni

Earth-Lunar Shuttle Pilot
Reaction score
Website
geirmund.org
I have downloaded the latest Orbiter Beta. So far, I have only installed the lo-res maps for the worlds.

When I use any mod that Dan Steph has made for Orbiter, I have found these problems, so far:

1. Lunar Transfer MFD does not work at all. When trying to activate it, the program instantly crashes. I have checked and re-checked the installation and it is installed correctly.

2. DeltaGlider IV: When on the moon, the Surface MFD did not sync with the HUD when it came to altitude. Surface MFD was registering at least 2.5km lower than what the HUD was registering. When trying to land on Brighton Beach, I was still over 2km above the landing pad when my landing gear was stripped off. The rest of the plane was ok, and, if I do not lower the gear before the Surface MFD says I have touched down, It works a little better.

I will be testing the Arrow Freighter next. If I find any problems with it, I will amend this thread.

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Is Lunar Transfer MFD by Dan Steph? I thought it was by Jarmonik.

Enjo

Mostly harmless
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.enderspace.de
Preferred Pronouns
Can't you smell my T levels?
It's normal. I also had to prepare special versions of my MFDs for Beta.

Is Lunar Transfer MFD by Dan Steph? I thought it was by Jarmonik.
Correct. It's by Jarmonik.

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Yep - most vessels will need to be updated to function correctly with the beta Orbiter version. Many will likely not be updated until the new version is released. Much has changed between releases.

jroly

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
LTMFD and IMFD do not work with the beta, it would be nice but atleast Transx works. I did have DG4 working but I have not tried it for the lastest betas.

Dan's Orcus Patera base is looking good in the beta, I recorded a mission to it a few days ago, I might upload it to youtube.

JuK93hl.jpg

Kyle

Armchair Astronaut
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
orbithangar.com
IMFD works fine with the latest Beta release for me, with the exception the autopilot function doesn't work once you plot in a course meaning you have to manually control your spacecraft through the burn. LunarTransferMFD doesn't work at all though as just opening the MFD will result in a CTD.

llarian

Reaction score
Don't know whether Dan is already working on an upgrade for the next version. It's my understanding that he usually doesn't upgrade for beta projects. In all likelihood we will have to wait for the final release of Orbiter 2016 before we see an OrbiterSound 5.