Hardware I have 2 screens can I desplay one more panel ?

joshua01793

Reaction score
Hello gust got a new screen on top of the one I alrealy have and I was thinking can I use the new screen for somthing useful. I don't mind what.

Thanks for reading and your time :)

BHawthorne

Simpit Builder
Donator
Reaction score
Go into the display control panel and extend the desktop into the second display. It should be a simple check box.

joshua01793

Reaction score
within orbiter

i am trying to get somthing useful within orbiter

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
I tend to use EXTMFD and use my other displays for almost full screen MFD's.

Cornflake

Reaction score
I tend to use EXTMFD and use my other displays for almost full screen MFD's.

Yes, that's what I do. If you go to the Modules tab in orbiter, select 'ExtMFD' and activate it. Then, when you're in orbiter hit F4 > Custom... > Select External MFD and hit OK. Now it will open an MFD you can resize and drag onto your second monitor.

The only other way to use Orbiter on 2 monitors at once would be to change the resolution in the Video tab of the Orbiter Launchpad to a really wide size. You could then drag the window so it plays on both monitors... but remember a couple things: 1) Your FPS might be lower, mine gets chopped to 30 when using a 3D game across both monitors (don't know why) and 2) your video card has a maximum resolution you can run a game in. If you change the resolution and Orbiter gives you an error, than it's too high.

And lastly, if you purchase something like the Triplehead2Go you could use 2 or 3 monitors at once in full screen. I've never tried it, but heard it's good. Hey, look what thumbnail they have linking to software for the Triplehead digital edition:
PromoBoxes.png
Now what game does that look like to you? :p

Tommy

Reaction score
The OGLA client can also make use of multiple screens in fullscreen mode, but it's still in beta.