OHM HST(EX) for Orbiter2016

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: brianj

Hubble Space Telescope + Extras, for Orbiter2016.

HST feat. zoom FOV down to 0.2deg, "GoTo" by target name or RA / Dec, sun-tracking arrays, etc. Also features removable science modules (4 axial modules, 3 radial modules, 3 RSU) and solar arrays.

Add-on includes STS-61 ORUC (Orbital Replacement Unit Carrier) and replacement science instruments, guidance units and solar arrays for the first HST servicing mission SM-1. Two EVA astronauts are available to complete the mission.

Scenarios included in "HST_EX" folder in Orbiter Launchpad list:
STS-31 - HST launch
STS-61 - Servicing Mission 1 launch
STS-61 - On Orbit, approaching HST
HST on Orbit 2018

Installation/operation notes in /Doc/HST_EX folder.

Includes meshes and textures, optimized for either default Orbiter DX7 rendering or D3D9 Graphics Client rendering.

Credits:
Donamy - HST mesh and textures
Felix24 - D3D9 modifications, textures, effects
BrianJ - Programming, additional meshes

DOWNLOAD

pappy2

Reaction score
Superb update :thumbup:

Thanks "Brianj" "Don" and "Felix24" Hubble is dazzling with his Shuttle !
Orbiter 2016 now has one of the most beautiful Addon (in my opinion).

Many hours of work for this result.
EXTRAORDINARY thanks again :hailprobe:

Pappy2

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
That's great!
Thanks Brian, and thanks to Donamy and Felix. It's good to see that at least we have still a few guys working on addons for O2016 :thumbup:. it looks like most of the devs quit :shrug:

Last edited:

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
... or died. :uhh:

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. I am still working on stuff but it does look like alot have moved on

Marg

Reaction score
With all these shadows, self-shadows, [environmental] reflections... breathtaking :)

barrygolden

Reaction score
these were super ideas and missions well done in 2010 and the new 2016 planets are super I think to keep people involved we need to boldly go where none have gone before.

Don's work with the ISS is super but hard too update for guys like me and the US lab needs a VC. brianj's probes keep us involve in these missions.
I think its time to do things like Don's HST X mission and Star Wars payloads for the shuttle to keep it going. Maybe new shuttles with some updates in the VC with new SRB's. Maybe a shuttle/centaur launch of the 2020 rover or a new Galileo II mission with a lander . Hutcheson had done an OMV that has all kinds of new ideas for missions.
gattis is working on the X33/Venture Star and that really coming along but needs a landing at EDW to make it fun to fly missions.
Great work guys lets look down the road

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Found this gap inside the Forward Shell (forward-most half of the long tube that the secondary mirror resides in). Also: Any plans of adding the NICMOS Cooling System (NCS) hardware installed during the STS-109 mission?

Attachments

• HSTex_forwardshell_gap.jpg
    HSTex_forwardshell_gap.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 29

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi,
is that a gap or a reflection?...I'll take a look anyway.
No plans for NICMOS cooling system add-on, I don't really know anything about it.
Looks like all it would need is an attachment point added on the HST .cfg .
Cheers,
Brian

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi,
is that a gap or a reflection?...I'll take a look anyway.
No plans for NICMOS cooling system add-on, I don't really know anything about it.
Looks like all it would need is an attachment point added on the HST .cfg .
Cheers,
Brian
I'm pretty sure it's a gap, not a reflection.

The NCS was added to revive the NICMOS instruments after its original block of N2 ice evaporated sooner than anticipated due to the Dewar coming in contact with some of the Aft Shroud structures. The NCS consists of a neon cryocooler, a cryo vent line and an external radiator panel. The cryocooler was installed inside the Aft Shroud and the vent line was routed through a previously unused plug-hole on the bottom of the Aft Shroud and then connected to the external radiator panel. The radiator panel was hung on to the top and bottom handrails on the +V2 side, right next to the -V3 Aft Shroud doors. In photos, it's the long white vertical panel.

rentacow

Reaction score
This really is one of the best looking mods for the game <3

The super zoom feature is my favorite thing! Now to launch one into sun-synchronous polar orbit so I can do some serious spyi... ehmm, SCIENCE :hmm: