New Release HST(EX) for Orbiter2016

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
[ame="https://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=7233"]HST(EX) for Orbiter2016[/ame]

Hubble Space Telescope + Extras, for Orbiter2016.

HST feat. zoom FOV down to 0.2deg, "GoTo" by target name or RA / Dec, sun-tracking arrays, etc. Also features removable science modules (4 axial modules, 3 radial modules, 3 RSU) and solar arrays.

Add-on includes STS-61 ORUC (Orbital Replacement Unit Carrier) and replacement science instruments, guidance units and solar arrays for the first HST servicing mission SM-1. Two EVA astronauts are available to complete the mission.

Scenarios included in "HST_EX" folder in Orbiter Launchpad list:
STS-31 - HST launch
STS-61 - Servicing Mission 1 launch
STS-61 - On Orbit, approaching HST
HST on Orbit 2018

Installation/operation notes in /Doc/HST_EX folder.

Includes meshes and textures, optimized for either default Orbiter DX7 rendering or D3D9 Graphics Client rendering.

Credits:
Donamy - HST mesh and textures
Felix24 - D3D9 modifications, textures, effects
BrianJ - Programming, additional meshes

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
What's the superlative of beautiful again? Most beautiful. That's what it is!
Thanks!

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
This is awesome but I have noticed an issue: When I deploy the solar arrays there seem to be two sets? One set appears instantly, and then the other set is animated - the booms fold out and then the panels roll out. The two sets of solar panels look different and overlap. And when I set the panels to track the sun, the second set rotates, but the first set stays where it is.

LATER: I went back into the scenario I had saved after panel deployment to get a screenshot and the first set of solar panels is now gone. Very strange.

Anyway, thank you so much for this fantastic addon!

BrianJ

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
What's the superlative of beautiful again? Most beautiful. That's what it is!
Thanks!
Yep, Felix24 really made HST sparkle :)

This is awesome but I have noticed an issue: When I deploy the solar arrays there seem to be two sets? One set appears instantly, and then the other set is animated - the booms fold out and then the panels roll out. The two sets of solar panels look different and overlap. And when I set the panels to track the sun, the second set rotates, but the first set stays where it is.

LATER: I went back into the scenario I had saved after panel deployment to get a screenshot and the first set of solar panels is now gone. Very strange.

Anyway, thank you so much for this fantastic addon!
Hi, I couldn't replicate this problem. If it happens again, perhaps you could post the scenario you were using and your orbiter.log. Thanks.

Cheers,
BrianJ

Submariner

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I will. Everything seems to be fine now, thanks again.