Flight Question How to Take Off

Kishore

Reaction score
Im a newbie here. I can turn on my delta gliders engine using ctrl+ . It runs off the landing strip. I cant lift it off the ground. Guide says pull the stick. I dont know what it is. Pressing number 2 key doesnt work either. Please hel.

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
That would be the '2' key on the numberpad.

Numberpad '8' for pitchdown, '2' for pitchup, '4' and '6' for left and right bank respectively. Also make sure to use the numberpad '/' key to toggle between rotation and translation modes. Take-off would of course require rotation mode.

Hope this helps. :)

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Im a newbie here. I can turn on my delta gliders engine using ctrl+ . It runs off the landing strip. I cant lift it off the ground. Guide says pull the stick. I dont know what it is. Pressing number 2 key doesnt work either. Please hel.

Welcome to the forums!
Yes the numpad is your "flight stick" and can be pretty clunky to use until you get accustomed to it. I've got a cheap joystick that I use for flight in "atmo", then stick to the keyboard once I'm in orbit.

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
I don't have joysticks, but can fly the Glider nonetheless. Just press and hold the keypad number "2" when you are at 100 m/s. :)

Also, @Kishore welcome to the forum. ?

Last edited: