Textures How to find and delete duplicate files

Genesis

Reaction score
Hi all, I just recently deleted Wideawake International and installed Ascension Island 2016...it loaded OK but when I go to the scenario, it is showing part of the island duplicated in the sea...0000.jpg

I was just wondering if there is a way of deleting this...it could be one or two that I forgot to delete when I deleted the Wideawake files...but I'm not sure where to look....do they come under textures? meshes?..not sure, and how do I know which one to delete?...would appreciate any help....thanks you

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'd say that is a texture... should be one that was installed with the first addon. It should be inside the Earth\Elev or Earth\Elev_mod folders.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Not sure if detecting duplicate files via a hash value (like MD5) works in this case, maybe it would be better to create the texture folder again.

Genesis

Reaction score
Hi guys...tried loading in the textures folder again, and didn't seem to make any difference...I've just expanded the view and it seems like there are 3 files that don't need to be there....would they defnitely be under Earth texture files then?....I can see if there are any duplicates , but then wouldn't it have told me when I copied into the folders to overwrite any existing ones with the same name?...sorry for sounding a bit stupid but not familiar with add-on files....
I do notice however that on one view, I see extra "islands"...but then when I move the view up, they disappear....it's like the sea covers them...would this be to do with elevation??...check out the 2 views from the same scenario...all I am doing is moving the mouse

Attachments

• 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 0000.jpg
    0000.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 8

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
No, what I mean with recreating is: Delete the current one and then rebuild it. Copy the one from the Orbiter zip file, from any high res texture add-on you used, from the various add-ons that you used.

Genesis

Reaction score
Thank you Urwumpe.....so you are saying to delete the Ascension Island 2016 and re-install it.....and also to re-install the Earth Hi-Res addon?.....sorry, I just want to be clear what you mean....

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
If you have DDS files similar to "Earth_3_W0920_N0327.dds" in your textures folder, chances are they are the reason for the duplicate tiles, because they represent the old high-res system, which is "sort of" supported in MOGE. If you had the old WIA addon installed, you had some of them there as well.
In addition, check if you have a mixture of archive and cache tiles in your Earth texture folder. It could be that it is an artifact of texture tree manipulation tools like e.g. tileedit or treeman.