Surface Base How do I add Brighton Beach to a scenario

Genesis27

Reaction score
Hi everyone...does anyone know how I can add Brighton Beach to a DGIV scenario...I go to F4, camera..and it only gives me the option of looking at my vessel or ISS....I've looked under vessels and spaceports...but no Brighton Beach....I've even tried going to Custom/Scenario Editor but again, no Brighton Beach is listed....I want to fly from KSC to Brighton Beach....could anyone tell me how to add it to the scenario please?...Many thanks...Trevor

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Brighton Beach isn't in a scenario. it is part of the moon config file so you don't add it, as long as it's in the moon.cfg file it'll be there!

I'm not in front of Orbiter at the moment so I can't tell you the exact key sequence to get the camera view but it is something like F4 -> Camera -> Ground bases -> Scroll to bottom and it should be there.

Tommy

Reaction score
Since I have Orbiter handy, I checked. Press F4, select Camera. Target tab should be active, if not, make it so. Press the plus sign next to "Spaceports", and scroll to the bottom. The list appears to be alphabetical by planet, not just alphabetical.

Reaction score
Hi everyone...does anyone know how I can add Brighton Beach to a DGIV scenario

Let me suggest an alternative. If you've installed the DGIV, you've already got the "Prelude" base that comes with it. The Prelude is just another vessel, which means you can F3 to and from it just like you would with ISS, etc. So, put one of those at Brighton Beach. Here's what I did with mine:

picture.php

I put the Prelude at the end of the monorail thingy that runs from the moonbase, but you could put it anywhere you like. The Prelude also has a round mark just outside the door which seemed ideal for another VTOL pad, so I added that to the base's config file at the appropriate location. Since the stock moonbase and the Prelude are entirely separate as far as Orbiter is concerned, and the new VTOL pad is at the same point as the mark on the Prelude, it takes a little trial and error to get them right, but not much.

This setup has the added advantage that you can leave astronauts at the moonbase and they've got someplace to go, take their suits off, and get a good night's sleep, instead of running out of air and dying after a few hours. ;)

Stevodoran

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Let me suggest an alternative. If you've installed the DGIV, you've already got the "Prelude" base that comes with it. The Prelude is just another vessel, which means you can F3 to and from it just like you would with ISS, etc. So, put one of those at Brighton Beach. Here's what I did with mine:

picture.php

I put the Prelude at the end of the monorail thingy that runs from the moonbase, but you could put it anywhere you like. The Prelude also has a round mark just outside the door which seemed ideal for another VTOL pad, so I added that to the base's config file at the appropriate location. Since the stock moonbase and the Prelude are entirely separate as far as Orbiter is concerned, and the new VTOL pad is at the same point as the mark on the Prelude, it takes a little trial and error to get them right, but not much.

This setup has the added advantage that you can leave astronauts at the moonbase and they've got someplace to go, take their suits off, and get a good night's sleep, instead of running out of air and dying after a few hours. ;)

may i recommend this [ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=2437"]Brighton beach surface tiles v2 for orbiter 060504[/ame] adds a bit of life to your base