Gaming Hielor's Minecraft Server

Chub777

Reaction score
I seem to have found a problem. When I log on, I see rain everywhere before falling through the ground and passing through the void (but I don't take any damage). Does this only happen to me or is it a server-wide problem.

jangofett287

Heat shield 'tester'
Reaction score
It means the chunk your in hasn't been entirely received by your client yet, be patient. and you haven't gone to 1.0.0 yet?!? or have you downgraded?

Linguofreak

Reaction score
The server hasn't been upgraded to 1.0 yet, so nobody that wants to play on it can upgrade yet.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
There is still no recommended version of CraftBukkit for 1.0.0, so I still can't update the server.

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
This seems like a ton of work for a very broken world. It will be a huuuuge pain to make my garden usable again and look like crap. Features like railroads will be quite broken and require a ton of work to make them whole again. In my case, most of the things to fix are burried, so it is a lot more than just walk around and re-place some things.

Keeping the old world makes only sense on an old server, for me at least.

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
So will the old world not work in 1.0.0? Or will it not work well.

I looked on the bukkit forums but couldn't see anything.

And do you know if it is a function of bukkit or Minecraft updating?

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
This seems like a ton of work for a very broken world. It will be a huuuuge pain to make my garden usable again and look like crap. Features like railroads will be quite broken and require a ton of work to make them whole again. In my case, most of the things to fix are burried, so it is a lot more than just walk around and re-place some things.

Keeping the old world makes only sense on an old server, for me at least.
So I think a lot of the railway breakage stuff was from them rotating the world, which I think can be safely skipped if you're not trying to keep sunrise/sunset in the same place...

TSPenguin

The Seeker
Reaction score
So I think a lot of the railway breakage stuff was from them rotating the world, which I think can be safely skipped if you're not trying to keep sunrise/sunset in the same place...

That seems plausible.
I am not sure if the sea level will influence my garden. But then again, I d'ont really care, because when I visit, I'd just stay in my cake room and giggle anyway. :D

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I now have the infrastructure in place to do the multi-world thing when 1.0.0 comes out, and I've checked the portal and world creation and it seems to work. This will save a lot of time when it comes time to update :) I did a sanity check on anything I could think of that might be affected, but if you see anything else let me know.

I'm also strongly considering putting a border around the existing world that covers everything that people have done, to encourage people to migrate to the new world and discourage further exploration of the old. Any objections?

As a reminder, the new world will have its own nether, too, so there will be a border in the old nether as well.

Chub777

Reaction score
I'm also strongly considering putting a border around the existing world that covers everything that people have done, to encourage people to migrate to the new world and discourage further exploration of the old. Any objections?

As a reminder, the new world will have its own nether, too, so there will be a border in the old nether as well.

Why would we need a border? Not to mention it would take lots of materials. Why not leave the old world as is?

Last edited:

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Why would we need a border? Not to mention it would take lots of materials. Why not leave the old world as is?
:lol:

I mean limit the world so that people can't travel outside a certain radius, not build a physical border.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Let's talk about 1.0 worlds--do people have any preferences/suggestions as to what I should do about a 1.0 world?

Should I:
- Just generate based on a random seed and live with it
- Generate based on some kind of "noteworthy" seed (e.g., "OrbiterForum") and live with it
- One of the above two, but move the spawn/stargate to someplace interesting in the world
- Generate based on random seeds until spawn lands in a specific biome type, or at least has that type nearby (for example, I think having the world based in an island biome could be a lot of fun)

Thoughts? The current plan is that we will be keeping the existing world, and adding a second world as the default with a stargate kind of thing between the two, that doesn't change with the above choices. The infrastructure to do this is already in place.

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Let's talk about 1.0 worlds--do people have any preferences/suggestions as to what I should do about a 1.0 world?

Should I:
- Just generate based on a random seed and live with it
- Generate based on some kind of "noteworthy" seed (e.g., "OrbiterForum") and live with it
- One of the above two, but move the spawn/stargate to someplace interesting in the world
- Generate based on random seeds until spawn lands in a specific biome type, or at least has that type nearby (for example, I think having the world based in an island biome could be a lot of fun)

Thoughts? The current plan is that we will be keeping the existing world, and adding a second world as the default with a stargate kind of thing between the two, that doesn't change with the above choices. The infrastructure to do this is already in place.

Islands would be cool.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Island would be cool. If possible, it would be nice to have the major different biomes somewhere reachable, like arctic and mushroom island. :)

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Islands sound cool from here as well. I have no problems in with seeding however you want to do it.

Linguofreak

Reaction score

I'm in favor of using a noteworthy seed, with or without putting the spawn somewhere interesting.

As for which noteworthy seed we use? Maybe "a noteworthy seed"?

Chub777

Reaction score
Why not use the Skyblock Survival or Survival Island worlds? You can download them somewhere on the MC forum.

If not, I've found the seed "paper" interesting. I've also just checked the seed "OrbiterForum". It spawns you in the middle of a forest with wolfs everywhere.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Why not use the Skyblock Survival or Survival Island worlds? You can download them somewhere on the MC forum.

If not, I've found the seed "paper" interesting. I've also just checked the seed "OrbiterForum". It spawns you in the middle of a forest with wolfs everywhere.

There's an island spawn on the front page of minecraftseeds that looks like it might be fun.

My concern with island spawns is that it might cause people to spread out a lot compared to the current world, with everyone looking for their own parcel, rather than grouping.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Not an island, but one of my SSP worlds seeded "benchmark" is very nice. Spawn might need to be moved as it's on a steep downslope over a river (or an interesting structure be made to compensate) but otherwise it's great - huge mountains, overhangs, a desert to the East...

Also, the seed "4" is a massive swamp and pine forest, with lots of ocean and two nearby Mushroom Islands, one of which is very large and has an underground ravine.